Sponsored

Change vehicle on Ford Performance ProCal tuner? Nope.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update 05/04: Not surprising, but FP's answer was a big "Nope!". They cited the fact that it's VIN locked and that the intent of the ProCal is a simple 1:1 relationship with a particular vehicle. Given my particular circumstances, detailed below, they gave me an email address to which I can send the specifics of my situation for consideration. But, that was a black hole from which I never received a response. Also, not surprising. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Guess I'll be forking over cash for another tuner. :rolleyes:

Anyone had the pleasure of working with Ford Performance to inquire about changing FP ProCal tune from one vehicle to another?

Bought the FP tune for my ā€˜19 Ranger. Got as far as backing up my factory tune, but never got the performance tune on before I totaled the truck (I know, maybe I shouldnā€™t be trusted with more power, lol).

Anyhow, now I have my Bronco and a ProCal tuner that I never got the chance of using on the Ranger.

Wondering if anyone has an idea of what it takes to get this thing set up for the Bronco or if Ford Perf will just tell me to pound sand and eat another $800+ to get the Bronco tune.

Ideas for alternatives to dealing with Ford Perf without buying a new tuner are welcome as well.

Appreciate everyoneā€™s feedback in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have 2 broncos, I had to buy 2 pro cal tools.. .vin locked.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately Iā€™m thinking the greed of the company will tell you to pound sand even though you never really used itā€¦ If you already locked the Ranger vin to it, Iā€™m thinking you better find another 800 dollars for the Bronco tune..

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately Iā€™m thinking the greed of the company will tell you to pound sand even though you never really used itā€¦ If you already locked the Ranger vin to it, Iā€™m thinking you better find another 800 dollars for the Bronco tune..
Yeah, Iā€™m afraid thatā€™ll be the case. The gains are worth it on the Ranger and Bronco 2.3ā€™s. Having a hard time rationalizing $800 for just another 25 ponies.

Either way, Iā€™ll reach out to FP and share the results here, no matter how underwhelming, even if only for sake of posterity.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the VIN wasn't locked until installation time? If so, worst case, you could try to sell it on the Ranger forums and at least recoup most of your money.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought the VIN wasn't locked until installation time? If so, worst case, you could try to sell it on the Ranger forums and at least recoup most of your money.
Perhaps. I see the Pro Cal registered under my profile on FP. No sign of VIN indicated, but very little details to be found there. So, who knows.

Ford Bronco Change vehicle on Ford Performance ProCal tuner? Nope. tempsni

Didn't have a chance to get ahold of FP today, hope to give it a shot tomorrow.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, Iā€™m afraid thatā€™ll be the case. The gains are worth it on the Ranger and Bronco 2.3ā€™s. Having a hard time rationalizing $800 for just another 25 ponies.
How about another 50 lb ft of torque where it counts? That's what I'm after.

Ford Bronco Change vehicle on Ford Performance ProCal tuner? Nope. M-9603-B27_TORQUE.JPG

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about another 50 lb ft of torque where it counts? That's what I'm after.

M-9603-B27_TORQUE.JPG
You make a good point, and that certainly is a plus! Torque #ā€™s are already pretty good on the Bronco vs "competition". Of course, they sort of need to be to overcome the inertia of a 4,000lb brick! An extra 50lbft of twist on the low end would certainly help!

And I'm not saying that I "won't" fork over the extra $800. I'm just not yelling "take my money" at FP for those #'s. And, if I can avoid forking it over while still getting the gains, I most certainly will!

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You make a good point, and that certainly is a plus! Torque #ā€™s are already pretty good on the Bronco vs "competition". Of course, they sort of need to be to overcome the inertia of a 4,000lb brick! An extra 50lbft of twist on the low end would certainly help!
How'd you get your brick down to only 4,000 lbs?! šŸ˜