Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a SAS 4 Dr 2.7L and installed the tune this weekend....wow what a difference it makes! If you are on the fence about it don't hesitate. I feel a little cheated by Ford that I drove 9k miles without this performance upgrade or that it didn't come with the Bronco from the factory. I read all the reviews and finally decided to purchase it when Lethal Performance had them on sale a few months ago. They were back ordered so I had to wait. I just received it last week and installed on Saturday and it took maybe 20 minutes...super simple. Yes I know warranty and ASE mechanic installed...there are ways and friends I have that are ASE certified if needed in the future.

Ok so why is this some much better.
1. The shifts are so much better! I hated that first to second gear shift that lagged and took way to long. Now it shifts so much quicker and silky smooth. It is like sport mode but even better. Sport mode is nice but it is jerky and not as smooth. And sport mode still has a shift lag then it over kicks in.
2. Freeway speeds. The Bronco accelerates so much better and seems like at high speeds to react so much quicker when you give it gas. Passing is a breeze now.
3. Mileage. At 9k miles I was averaging 16.8 miles and this is in the NW with lots of mountain passes. Since installing the tune a few days ago and driving over the mountain pass and around town I have already got my average up to 17.1. That is pretty good when you average things out over 9k miles in this short of time. I noticed on fill up that it states 410 mpgs until empty which before it was not in the 400 range. Strange but maybe it knows it is going to get better MPGs.

Yes the premium fuel costs more but pay a few more dollars per fill up and get a much improved Bronco to drive. I know it is $600+ dollars but it is worth every penny. Even my wife who does not care about this stuff and didn't know I installed it said today that the Bronco seems to be driving better has more get up and go. I have not tried any GOAT modes yet but just normal driving is so much better!
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same opinions as you after installing it. Initially, the shifts were much better, but now that it’s been on there a while, I almost feel like they reverted to the clunky and jumpy shifting. I think maybe I should unhook my battery for a while and make it re-learn it all.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t agree more. The shifts are so smooth.

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for your impressions as I plan on getting the tune. I wonder if you have to wait past break-in to install. Does anyone know? Maybe @LethalPerformance ? Many thanks in advance.
I had it installed by the dealer at time of the vehicle purchase, so no break in period. (2021 Ranger Tremor)

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks for your impressions as I plan on getting the tune. I wonder if you have to wait past break-in to install. Does anyone know? Maybe @LethalPerformance ? Many thanks in advance.
I installed it on my 2.3 after a couple thousand miles, so glad I did it, same experience as OP. Tranny improvements were dramatic.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the process to program? Order from lethal, plug into ODB port, mash button, wait? Or is there more to it all?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

An expected mpg drop is why this hasn’t been on my list… but if it improves mpg…

And the OP must have different gearing. I’m only averaging 16.7 mpg.

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bump

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MPGs have gone up and I added a BAMF bumper, 10s Winch and full metal bash plates. Doing 6100s to level it all out next week but the tune has improved MPGs even with the recent added weight and can't even notice the weight gain with the extra horses and much better shifting.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read all the reviews and finally decided to purchase it when Lethal Performance had them on sale a few months ago...
Curious, what was the sale price?

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to have this upgrade performed as soon as practicable. I mean, who wouldn't want better performance? I didn't plan on putting anything other than premium fuel in my Bronco anyway, so it will have a negligible impact on my operating budget anyway.

OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What’s the process to program? Order from lethal, plug into ODB port, mash button, wait? Or is there more to it all?
Order it. Plug it into bronco to save current settings so you can always go back to stock of needed. Plug it into laptop and download the performance tune onto it from Ford Peformance website. Plug it back into Bronco and let it do its magic for about 5-10 minutes, then unplug it. Super easy.
Sponsored