Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the same situation as you!! I still can’t figure it out… I thought this was a simple plug and plug installation.. I was told all I needed was windows 7 and above and it will work..
Sponsored

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’m in the same situation as you!! I still can’t figure it out… I thought this was a simple plug and plug installation.. I was told all I needed was windows 7 and above and it will work..
@lethaljake @Lethal @LethalPerformance help us out here. I have a borrowed PC all day tomorrow… let’s get this figured out.

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yes. I’m so pissed about this. And ever since I plugged the Procal into my bronco I’m getting notifications that my 4x4 needs servicing. I’m sure it can all be sorted but even the dealership doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s just upsetting that I spent $700 to have these issues and the tune was sold to me knowing it wasn’t ready to install. 😡

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

OP
OP
lethaljake

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also, I would like to throw out there to anyone else in this thread or that may look.

The Ford ProCal is PENDING CARB approval for the '22 - '23 year Broncos. Simply put, it will not work until that is complete and Ford Performance announces ( which of course, we will update you all ) the approval for CARB and gives the go-ahead and green light. In the meanwhile, we'll gladly explore taking the device back if need be.

Just don't want anyone to go through any frustration if we can avoid it :)

If anyone is unsure or has any follow up questions, you are more than welcome to message me or our Lethal Performance account and we'll be more than happy to assist with whatever needed to get you taken care of.

Thanks so much!

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I would like to throw out there to anyone else in this thread or that may look.

The Ford ProCal is PENDING CARB approval for the '22 - '23 year Broncos. Simply put, it will not work until that is complete and Ford Performance announces ( which of course, we will update you all ) the approval for CARB and gives the go-ahead and green light. In the meanwhile, we'll gladly explore taking the device back if need be.

Just don't want anyone to go through any frustration if we can avoid it :)

If anyone is unsure or has any follow up questions, you are more than welcome to message me or our Lethal Performance account and we'll be more than happy to assist with whatever needed to get you taken care of.

Thanks so much!
So this may not work on my Bronco at this moment? I have been all kinds of issues with mine.. My Ford dealership refused to try and do the tune install for me.. They said last time they did one on a Ford Ranger they messed the persons vehicle up… I’m still getting the unsupported vehicle message and the Ford performance tech line people were worthless trying to help me out… I unfortunately thought this was a simple plug and play tune… You guys have been awesome to deal with.. Ford and Ford performance are WORTHLESS!! I will NEVER call them ever again!!!!!!!

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this may not work on my Bronco at this moment? I have been all kinds of issues with mine.. My Ford dealership refused to try and do the tune install for me.. They said last time they did one on a Ford Ranger they messed the persons vehicle up… I’m still getting the unsupported vehicle message and the Ford performance tech line people were worthless trying to help me out… I unfortunately thought this was a simple plug and play tune… You guys have been awesome to deal with.. Ford and Ford performance are WORTHLESS!! I will NEVER call them ever again!!!!!!!
PM me, I can see if we can figure out where the issue is.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought mine but can't find a tech to install it. I had one shop say they'd do it and quoted $400.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay anyone not in CA that is getting a “Unsupported Device” check the following:

1. Plug the device in OBD port in your Bronco, do not plug in the USB to your PC with procal

2. Go to Device Info and read the screen, if you have a number under Ford: that reads “32“ first stop there, the tool is not updated and it will never work until it is updated on your PC and reads 34 first.
Ford Bronco FINALLY! Ford Performance ProCal Calibrations for 2023 Bronco model year (2.3 and 2.7) are LIVE!! IMG_0268

3. Unplug it from your ODB port.

4. Go to your PC where you have the procal 4 tool installed, don’t open it yet.

5. Open a command prompt in windows:

Ping test in Windows 10
  1. Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom left-hand corner and type “cmd” (without the quotes) into the search bar.
  2. Press Enter or click on the Command Prompt app icon.
  3. A black box called Command Prompt will open; type “ping 8.8. 8.8” and press Enter
If you get a reply response back, you are good to proceed, if not stop here. Your network is likely going to prevent the device from updating.

6. Plug in the USB cable from your device to your PC, open Procal 4 tool

7. Confirm device is connected and powered up, hit the update button, your device should update.

If it does not, two things are likely possible. Either you did not get passed step 5, or Ford performance has not yet added your VIN and device serial to their DB.

In which case Ford Performance TechLine is your only option. They, the techline support guys, have a “tech” support person that can take your device serial # and VIN and check that its loaded up.

After they get that done, can take a day or so, try updating again. If your device doesn’t update you won’t be able to load any performance file, nor will any dealer or shop you give the device too load it up for you.

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I gotta say @LethalPerformance and @lethaljake are top notch. I knew there was slim chance I’d hear anything on a Sunday but they reached out first thing Monday AM. Even though I haven’t been able to upload the tune, can’t say enough good things about lethal‘s customer service. The device not functioning is a Ford Performance issue but Lethal wants their customers happy and will do whatever it takes. You don‘t see this type of service often anymore and I’ll be checking Lethal’s site first for all my Bronco (and other car) needs!
Sponsored