First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've read through this and it was asked before with no response. Has anyone purchased this using ford pass points?

I found it on Levittown Ford Parts, but I contacted them and got the following response...

Mike D. said:
Thanks for your inquiry,
We are not participating in the Ford points program. Our prices are already at or below employee pricing. Ford Pass points are only redeemable at your local parts department for retail prices. Thanks, Mike
This was the only ford parts website that I could even find the item/pricing.

Im not sure it's worth using my ford pass points if I end up having to pay retail ($825). I'm going to ask my local dealer if they can match Levittown pricing ($680) or maybe get closer to it. That is what they did for me with my Hoss 3.0 rack, but I believe they honored the online price from their website.
Sponsored

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I've read through this and it was asked before with no response. Has anyone purchased this using ford pass points?

I found it on Levittown Ford Parts, but I contacted them and got the following response...

This was the only ford parts website that I could even find the item/pricing.

Im not sure it's worth using my ford pass points if I end up having to pay retail ($825). I'm going to ask my local dealer if they can match Levittown pricing ($680) or maybe get closer to it. That is what they did for me with my Hoss 3.0 rack, but I believe they honored the online price from their website.
Lethal performance has it for $695 and you can take off 10% if you use coupon code Prime. Only good for today.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought mine from Levitttown Ford.... It arrived yesterday, default tune uploaded to Ford, and new tune downloaded.

I'm personally not impressed with the tune on the 2.7. Shift points seem smoother, but lower. I feel like I'm still in the power band, but the Bronco's now feels like it shifts early (~5.8k).

The ProCal is made by Livernois, so I hope we can get non-Ford tunes eventually.

The 2.7 has more to safely give.

My 2¢.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those who have installed the tune, is there any way to tell on the car that the tune is installed? Any indication in a setting?

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who have installed the tune, is there any way to tell on the car that the tune is installed? Any indication in a setting?
Not that I am aware of. I could tell by just how it drove.

Sponsored

NmfB

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Hoss 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think there is any way to tell except for the noticable change in acceleration and shifting.

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK OK,
I got the Ford Performance Tune and installed it.
At first I thought it was a pretty good improvement to the performance, especially the shifting in all goat modes. Time passed and after a few tank fills at different stations even, using "92" hi test everytime.
I was feeling a little let down. There was sometimes a stumbling at the 1 to 2 shift point. And other shift points on occasion.
I live on the small island of Kauai in Hawaii. We don't got your 93 Octane anywheres. And in the past (40 years here) with other vehicles Ive driven and owned here, certain stations were definately suspect. Laughingly we would say they must have water in the storage tank.

So here's the deal, I went out and got some octane booster. 104+ and Royal Purple Brands so far.
I noticed a great difference in the running of my 2.7L.
The shifting is so smooth now, no stumble, and I do say even a little more peppier!!

Now I'm wondering is there any downside to using octane booster?.....all the time?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your procal will tell you which tune you are running.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought mine from Levitttown Ford.... It arrived yesterday, default tune uploaded to Ford, and new tune downloaded.

I'm personally not impressed with the tune on the 2.7. Shift points seem smoother, but lower. I feel like I'm still in the power band, but the Bronco's now feels like it shifts early (~5.8k).

The ProCal is made by Livernois, so I hope we can get non-Ford tunes eventually.

The 2.7 has more to safely give.

My 2¢.
Agreed 100%, but the drag numbers definitely don't lie. I just feel like it is much more subtle than expected... However a sub-6.5 0-60 and a low 14 second 1/4 mile at sea level is pretty good.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK OK,
I got the Ford Performance Tune and installed it.
At first I thought it was a pretty good improvement to the performance, especially the shifting in all goat modes. Time passed and after a few tank fills at different stations even, using "92" hi test everytime.
I was feeling a little let down. There was sometimes a stumbling at the 1 to 2 shift point. And other shift points on occasion.
I live on the small island of Kauai in Hawaii. We don't got your 93 Octane anywheres. And in the past (40 years here) with other vehicles Ive driven and owned here, certain stations were definately suspect. Laughingly we would say they must have water in the storage tank.

So here's the deal, I went out and got some octane booster. 104+ and Royal Purple Brands so far.
I noticed a great difference in the running of my 2.7L.
The shifting is so smooth now, no stumble, and I do say even a little more peppier!!

Now I'm wondering is there any downside to using octane booster?.....all the time?
Not really, but if you can find some E85, it's the cheaper way to accomplish roughly the same thing (4 gals per tank). A better way would be a gallon of toluene with every fillup, but I suspect that finding E85 or Toluene on the island will be difficult.

Another option is a water/methanol injection system, which might be the best long term solution. The issue is that poor octane leads to knock, and knock will cause the engine management system to pull timing, which means crappy running.

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just curious, does this remove or raise the speed limiter?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, does this remove or raise the speed limiter?
lol you’re kidding right. This thing has the aerodynamics and high speed handling capabilities of a fucking pontoon boat

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
lol you’re kidding right. This thing has the aerodynamics and high speed handling capabilities of a fucking pontoon boat
LMAO - for my high speed runs on the autobahn

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A better way would be a gallon of toluene with every fillup, but I suspect that finding E85 or Toluene on the island will be difficult.
Thanks for the input there MPeugeot. You're right, No E85 ova hea (hawaiian pidgeon). Don't think I'd try the toluene even if it was available. But I am pleased with the Royal Purple Booster. really smooths things out. I suspect all the stations here get the gas from the same outfit, and the octane ratings are like a standard issue plaque on the pumps, and don't really reflect the actual rating indicated. And probably much lower.

If anyone else is using an "Octane Booster" please chime in with your opinion and preference of brand and operation. I use 1 full can and then do a fill up.

Back when I was drag racing the Falcon (see web page) I had a line on sone AvGas reputed to be 105+ octane. I would run her close to empty on my way to the strip and dump in the 5 gallons.
I forget how much the over all cost for a 5 gallon jerry can, but I know it was expensive.
Sponsored