Sponsored

Ford Performance Procal 4 with Calibrations for the 2.7L/2.3L - Backed by a 3/36 Warranty

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can anyone tell me if I'm able to make any changes on the device after the dealer installs it? IE, tire size, or locker upgrade, etc..
Yes you can make any changes like that with the device after install without causing any issues with the warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes you can make any changes like that with the device after install without causing any issues with the warranty.

Thanks!
Ok thanks!
Y'all just put mine in the mail today! Can't wait!

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks!
Hi Lethal. I bought the ProCal from you guys and it has been great. My MPG is up a little over 1 mpg and the little extra power is great along with the smooth shifting. My question is - is there any real value to having the device permanently mounted?

I had the dealer install it and since then it has just been in its box. Is it intended to be connected all the time!

I don’t know how I would run the cable to look clean but I won’t bother if the functionality is minimal. Thanks

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi Lethal. I bought the ProCal from you guys and it has been great. My MPG is up a little over 1 mpg and the little extra power is great along with the smooth shifting. My question is - is there any real value to having the device permanently mounted?

I had the dealer install it and since then it has just been in its box. Is it intended to be connected all the time!

I don’t know how I would run the cable to look clean but I won’t bother if the functionality is minimal. Thanks
Awesome! Thanks for the support & we're glad you're enjoying the reflash.

In short, no, there's nothing that mandates/requires/or really even benefits the enduser to leave it permanently mounted -except- the ability to monitor the car. The tune will not change, though, so even if you are monitoring it and something, well, happens, there's really not much you can do about it.

Now, if this was a 5.0L with a twin turbo kit, fuel system, built 10r80 and build motor running 28 psi on E85, sure, keeping a log rolling is a good idea.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks for the support & we're glad you're enjoying the reflash.

In short, no, there's nothing that mandates/requires/or really even benefits the enduser to leave it permanently mounted -except- the ability to monitor the car. The tune will not change, though, so even if you are monitoring it and something, well, happens, there's really not much you can do about it.

Now, if this was a 5.0L with a twin turbo kit, fuel system, built 10r80 and build motor running 28 psi on E85, sure, keeping a log rolling is a good idea.
Thanks for the great explanation! This is why I’m a fan.

Sponsored

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does it require 91 or greater octane, as the highest available up here is 90? I saw a video where they said it would void the warranty if you ran anything less.
Thanks,

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7 Memorial Day pricing on the Ford Performance tune?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does it require 91 or greater octane, as the highest available up here is 90? I saw a video where they said it would void the warranty if you ran anything less.
Thanks,
You can run 90 octane however you won't see the full potential of the calibration until higher octane is used. The knock sensors with the lower grade fuel will pull timing until you run a higher octane.

Thanks!

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone got confirmation how this for performance affects the ford extended protection plan? I bought the Ford ESP (called something else now) for my Bronco and would love to install this but don’t want to mess up my extended. Thanks!

Sponsored

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can run 90 octane however you won't see the full potential of the calibration until higher octane is used. The knock sensors with the lower grade fuel will pull timing until you run a higher octane.

Thanks!
I still don’t understand if it’s not available in CA or not aloud yet? If I buy the device, is the tune on it? Can I upload it myself ?(understanding I’m not ASE and there could be warranty issues). I haven’t actually registered my bronco in CA yet.. I’m just confused on what the process is here. If there is no way I can upload the tune, can I still use the device to change my tire size? Can I buy the device now, and when the tune is ready, not have to rebuy... and just upload the tune?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone got confirmation how this for performance affects the ford extended protection plan? I bought the Ford ESP (called something else now) for my Bronco and would love to install this but don’t want to mess up my extended. Thanks!
I'm interested in this question as well if anyone has any insight.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still don’t understand if it’s not available in CA or not aloud yet? If I buy the device, is the tune on it? Can I upload it myself ?(understanding I’m not ASE and there could be warranty issues). I haven’t actually registered my bronco in CA yet.. I’m just confused on what the process is here. If there is no way I can upload the tune, can I still use the device to change my tire size? Can I buy the device now, and when the tune is ready, not have to rebuy... and just upload the tune?
The calibration is not approved by CARB so it's not available in California for 2022-2023 models until that happens. You can indeed upload the calibration by yourself. However you won't be covered under the warranty Ford Performance offers unless it's done by a Ford dealership or ASE certified tech. As far as where the car is registered and how it plays into eligibility for the cal I really don't have all of the answers. What I do know is that Ford Performance doesn't advertise it for CA unless they have CARB approval and they do have a way of knowing whether the vehicle is registered, built or purchased in a state with strict emissions laws.

You can indeed purchase the device but without the EO/CARB approval and the cal itself no changes can be made with the device. You need the cal to have the ability to make those changes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Jared

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The calibration is not approved by CARB so it's not available in California for 2022-2023 models until that happens. You can indeed upload the calibration by yourself. However you won't be covered under the warranty Ford Performance offers unless it's done by a Ford dealership or ASE certified tech. As far as where the car is registered and how it plays into eligibility for the cal I really don't have all of the answers. What I do know is that Ford Performance doesn't advertise it for CA unless they have CARB approval and they do have a way of knowing whether the vehicle is registered, built or purchased in a state with strict emissions laws.

You can indeed purchase the device but without the EO/CARB approval and the cal itself no changes can be made with the device. You need the cal to have the ability to make those changes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Jared
Thanks Jared, almost clears it up. Last question- I know I can purchase the device and make the other changes now, but do I now own the right to a future CARB approved tune and I’ll be able to download it when authorized?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks Jared, almost clears it up. Last question- I know I can purchase the device and make the other changes now, but do I now own the right to a future CARB approved tune and I’ll be able to download it when authorized?
If you purchase the device once the calibration is CARB approved you'll request it from Ford Performance and will receive it.

Just to be clear, no changes with the device can be made without the calibration. So the device won't really be able to be used until the calibration becomes available.
Sponsored