Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello folks,

Not sure what I did, or if it happens to be randomly unrelated.

My BD was non SAS and dealership adjusted for the 35's, but I was still like 5mph off, plus the damn double honk.

Followed a tutorial and disabled double honk and adjusted tire size for the circumfrence in mm. Everything went smooth, but speedo was even further off, so I figured whatever the dealership did to adjust (he said it was under the dash) plus adding correct circumfrence was too much.

Either way, I went back in last night and modified the tire size again and dropped it by 150. I thought all went well, (and speedo is a lot closer now), however, I am getting a check 4x4 error and check engine. Plugged in my code reader, and no codes are present.

Unfortunately I did screw up and not save my base file, so I'm kinda stuck here. The Bronco is driving fine, but haven't tried to mess with 4x4. Figured I'd come get your opinions.

Any advice? Dealer trip?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check the thread here.
This is normal you need to run the AWD relearn.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the thread here.
This is normal you need to run the AWD relearn.
Yepp I just ran across that actually as I was reading.

Thank you!

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello folks,

Not sure what I did, or if it happens to be randomly unrelated.

My BD was non SAS and dealership adjusted for the 35's, but I was still like 5mph off, plus the damn double honk.

Followed a tutorial and disabled double honk and adjusted tire size for the circumfrence in mm. Everything went smooth, but speedo was even further off, so I figured whatever the dealership did to adjust (he said it was under the dash) plus adding correct circumfrence was too much.

Either way, I went back in last night and modified the tire size again and dropped it by 150. I thought all went well, (and speedo is a lot closer now), however, I am getting a check 4x4 error and check engine. Plugged in my code reader, and no codes are present.

Unfortunately I did screw up and not save my base file, so I'm kinda stuck here. The Bronco is driving fine, but haven't tried to mess with 4x4. Figured I'd come get your opinions.

Any advice? Dealer trip?

Thanks!
Btw Raven if you go to this site and enter your vin you can get you original As Built mod settings and can save them so you have a copy since you said you didn't have them any longer. Sorry if you already knew this.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Btw Raven if you go to this site and enter your vin you can get you original As Built mod settings and can save them so you have a copy since you said you didn't have them any longer. Sorry if you already knew this.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Actually I saw that, but I guess I didn't realize that would still apply post my screw up of not saving my base file.

Thank you for mentioning that. I will do it as soon as I get home. Much appreciated my friend.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wanted to thank all of you. It's rare these days to post something like this and solely get help, and not shit talking.

I'm a fairly tech savvy guy, and usually don't do stupid stuff like this, but I suppose we all have our moments.

So thanks again everyone.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually I saw that, but I guess I didn't realize that would still apply post my screw up of not saving my base file.

Thank you for mentioning that. I will do it as soon as I get home. Much appreciated my friend.
It definitely still applies, I confirmed it the other day when I needed to change something back to As Built and my original profile I had saved day one was corrupted on my laptop.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll be trying this same process hopefully tonight. My wife's Bronco just hit the dealer, wheels and tires and waiting to get installed after I remove the crash bars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be trying this same process hopefully tonight. My wife's Bronco just hit the dealer, wheels and tires and waiting to get installed after I remove the crash bars.
Well the process was super easy. Just make sure you don't follow my footsteps. Save it first, and the now you know to do the relearn after, lol.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to disable the start/stop too, but I heard that may be a safety issue, so guess I need to read up on that first.
Sponsored