First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1979 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great info I will do as you have described and thanks for the details . If you get a chance could you supply the paint manufacture and part numbers. The more I think about it the sooner I want to do it. lol
Herculiner Aerosol Spray Truck Bed Liner, 15 Ounce Spray Can, Black, Textured, Suitable For All Truck Beds, 6-7 sq ft Coverage for the bumper and skid plate. I painted the hooks with a can of brush on bed liner from Advanced Auto. I will see if I can dig up the can for more info.
Sponsored

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2010 Audi R8 V10
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Herculiner Aerosol Spray Truck Bed Liner, 15 Ounce Spray Can, Black, Textured, Suitable For All Truck Beds, 6-7 sq ft Coverage for the bumper and skid plate. I painted the hooks with a can of brush on bed liner from Advanced Auto. I will see if I can dig up the can for more info.
That's awesome thanks so much for the info. Planning to do it in the next couple of weeks as it looks pretty simple like you say. I just got a can of the Raptor spray on liner and see if it has the texture otherwise I will get the Herculiner .

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks to KansasRaptor for his info regarding doing this operation..
The front plastic cover and lower shield came off quite easy. I wanted to remove the hooks but to get them off the bumper has to come off to access a bolt on the inside to be able to remove the hook, so I decided to mask around it and I spray painted.

The hook paint has a little more shine then I like but will see how it looks later.
Ford Bronco Front Blackout - Bronco Raptor HOOK

I used Raptor K1 liner paint after a sanding to make the paint stick. I setup the pieces vertically so I didn't have to point the can down to avoid spitting, but it did anyways. So to fix that I allowed the partially dry then dabbed the drips with a paint brush. Worked out great.
Just have to wait for the parts to dry and install later today. Will post finish pics.
Ford Bronco Front Blackout - Bronco Raptor bumper 1
Ford Bronco Front Blackout - Bronco Raptor lowerguard

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and just like that it's done.
Ford Bronco Front Blackout - Bronco Raptor copy2

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
KansasRaptor

KansasRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks great. After about 2 months or so, my paint is holding up well. For those considering, plastic prep is everything, so take your time on the bumber cover.

OP
OP
KansasRaptor

KansasRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They made it silver because it’s made out of aluminum with no paint and when you scratch it, you won’t notice the scratches, it’s a skid plate made to skid over things when you paint it it’s gonna look like crap when the paint scrapes off
I think the question was about the plastic cover which is painted silver. The metal skid plate is pure metal, which conforms ro your comment.

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question: does anyone know a match to the factory paint on the main bumper assembly?

i was hit in the front and it pushed in the steel bumper. found a take off, but it was scratched and retouched... i'd like to shoot the whole thing plus the hooks and plastic valence all at once.

i think it is called "carbon black" matte finish, but not sure...

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@KansasRaptor

You got any closer pics of the plastic trim piece? How well does it match the bumper? I’m thinking of just partially painting that plastic trim and painting my hooks half black and half code orange. Like the markup of my Braptor below

Ford Bronco Front Blackout - Bronco Raptor DSC_0148
Sponsored

Last edited: