Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could be done - these look to be soft tops - but I think they are potential roll-over specials since they have a competition type roll bar underneath, and wanted to avoid the fiberglass explosion if one did roll.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I kind of wish Raptor was synonymous with the truck. Other high performance models should have their own names.....just my non-shower thought of the moment
From what I understand the Bronco Raptor is just a nickname and it will he named something else.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I kind of wish Raptor was synonymous with the truck. Other high performance models should have their own names.....just my non-shower thought of the moment
Warthog has been used for the Braptor for a long time, internal code name only? To early to tell.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Personally i am not interested in a V8. Fords ECO Boost motors, 2.7, 3.0 and the 3.5 all outperform the 5.0. What is the upside?
hey some people love the lubba dubbas and that's that

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could be done - these look to be soft tops - but I think they are potential roll-over specials since they have a competition type roll bar underneath, and wanted to avoid the fiberglass explosion if one did roll.
? It was SUPPOSE to be a GIF! ? They are a soft top & the front can slide back to a sunroof only position. The BEST part is that they have "Invisible Pyrotechnic Rollover Bars" that literally explode into place to protect occupants during an accident. But, I guess what i was getting at was that it would be easy enough for FORD to engineer a powered convertible soft top for the new Bronco. I think it's less of a matter of IF than When. ?

Ford Bronco Spotted a Bronco Raptor / Warthog prototype? 1599168004772

Ford Bronco Spotted a Bronco Raptor / Warthog prototype? 1599168559920

Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do we suppose the bar is under the body behind the front wheel? Possible control arm for SFA? It looks a little wimpy for that, maybe a strut for the IFS? I can't say I noticed that part on an other Broncos.
Looks similar to the trans skid plate on the Raptors. It’s not tight to the body like the front/underbelly skid plates for whatever reason.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
? It was SUPPOSE to be a GIF! ? They are a soft top & the front can slide back to a sunroof only position. The BEST part is that they have "Invisible Pyrotechnic Rollover Bars" that literally explode into place to protect occupants during an accident. But, I guess what i was getting at was that it would be easy enough for FORD to engineer a powered convertible soft top for the new Bronco. I think it's less of a matter of IF than When. ?

1599168004772.png

1599168559920.png
This is a great video:

You can see the extensive roll bar, in an earlier day you can see the ugly camo top coming off in pieces - they must have had to shut off the A/C in the rocks with no forced air flow at 106 degrees.
I have no doubt in 2022 they will get these fancy tops, they have plenty on their plate now.

Sponsored

MasonPaul

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spotted a Bronco this morning... stopped and talked to the guys to see if I could get pictures. This is the only one I could get. Thoughts...?

Edit: it's wearing F-150 Raptor wheels, larger front brakes, lift kit, BFG KO2 tires.

F-150 Raptor wheels:

Do you guys think Ford will beef up the body of this possible "new" bronco to be more of a full size one? The current looks pretty tight and small cargo space (4 door).