Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the market for a roof rack. There are many great roof rack choices out there right now but I want to see all my options before I spend the money.

I really like the front runner roof rack on my buddies 4runner and I reached out to front runner and asked them if they are coming out with a bronco rack soon.

They said it's in the making and will release end of summer but no guarantee time frame.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
doyouglas

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From the look roof rack mounting, it look like there will not be any fairing sadly.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummed they didn't come out with one to attach to the OEM rack like the did on Sports.

Sponsored

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you’re still looking for a roof rack I may be able to help. Thanks

D82C68AB-FA12-4EB6-8D3E-8491A476A202.jpeg

OP
OP
doyouglas

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re still looking for a roof rack I may be able to help. Thanks

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. D82C68AB-FA12-4EB6-8D3E-8491A476A202
The Raket roof rack? I'm sorry IMO that's the ugliest roof rack out there. If I was going to spend 2400 on a roof rack, I'd buy the Gobi Rack.

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Raket roof rack? I'm sorry IMO that's the ugliest roof rack out there. If I was going to spend 2400 on a roof rack, I'd buy the Gobi Rack.
all good man, good luck on the search

Poindexter

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350 | F350 | GL350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other question on that FrontRunner rack is how much weight it will be able to hold. For a $2,000 rack, it will be hard to justify if it doesn't have a way to support more than standard.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I ended up with the Raket Roof Rack and while I just got it I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't mount directly to the hardtop which means that if I wanted to still go topless down the road it is an option. I'm looking at adding a light bar to the front in the future. The front mount is also very solid and looks clean by itself so if I want to pull the entire rack the front bar will still double as a solid light bar.

I had considered the Gobi but thought all the tubing on it made it look like an Autozone special. Outside of these two almost every other rack mounts directly to the hardtop which was a hard pass for me.

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. 20230627_085333

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. 20230627_085340

Sponsored

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the look roof rack mounting, it look like there will not be any fairing sadly.
[/引用]

Looking at the picture carefully, it is obvious that there is a fairing, but I am not sure whether it can be installed together with the 40-inch light bar at the same time!
bronco_krfb004t_5.jpg

GuiGarcia05

Wildtrak
First Name
Guilherme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 40” light bar cannot be installed under the rack because of the mounting brackets, they won’t fit between the support mounts. The light bar can be installed above or in front of it. I opted for this set up:

55923B27-8A96-49D0-BB65-3AC84AC310AC.jpeg

efpg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 40” light bar cannot be installed under the rack because of the mounting brackets, they won’t fit between the support mounts. The light bar can be installed above or in front of it. I opted for this set up:

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. 55923B27-8A96-49D0-BB65-3AC84AC310AC
What’s your opinion as user of the Front Runner rack? I have doubts whether to buy a Trailrax with Pak Rax or the front runner (which I prefer aesthetically). How much weight do you carry on the roof rack? In off road use you have not had problems?
Thx

GuiGarcia05

Wildtrak
First Name
Guilherme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What’s your opinion as user of the Front Runner rack? I have doubts whether to buy a Trailrax with Pak Rax or the front runner (which I prefer aesthetically). How much weight do you carry on the roof rack? In off road use you have not had problems?
Thx
I was also debating between both and can honestly say I’m VERY happy with the Frontrunner rack.
The Pak Rax is a very nice add-on, but Frontrunner is also coming up with a similar alternative, which I’ll definitely be adding to my set up.
So far I’ve been carrying an Ikamper,set of Maxtrax, chase lights and the light bar (will be adding an awning soon). And the rack has been super solid.
I’ve put A LOT of on and off-road miles in it and have zero problems.
Is it loud? Anything above 75mph, Yes! But that’s no different than any rack+tent set up in my opinion.

So far, I’ve been very happy with it!

B6B8925F-3F6C-4955-B476-8E44174CD721.jpeg

51D2966F-3990-4C10-87D9-4D42B33897BF.jpeg

OP
OP
doyouglas

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was also debating between both and can honestly say I’m VERY happy with the Frontrunner rack.
The Pak Rax is a very nice add-on, but Frontrunner is also coming up with a similar alternative, which I’ll definitely be adding to my set up.
So far I’ve been carrying an Ikamper,set of Maxtrax, chase lights and the light bar (will be adding an awning soon). And the rack has been super solid.
I’ve put A LOT of on and off-road miles in it and have zero problems.
Is it loud? Anything above 75mph, Yes! But that’s no different than any rack+tent set up in my opinion.

So far, I’ve been very happy with it!

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. 51D2966F-3990-4C10-87D9-4D42B33897BF

Ford Bronco Front Runner roof rack coming soon. 51D2966F-3990-4C10-87D9-4D42B33897BF
Nice setup! How do you know that front runner is coming up with a pak rax alternative. Did front runner confirm it through their website?
Sponsored