Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 cents, you don't have to drop a ton of money on stuff to gain an appreciable improvement. However, those factory B&O speakers need to be headed straight to the trash bin.

Just replacing the three 4" front speakers, the two 4" rear pod speakers, and the two 6.5" kick panel speakers made a huge difference for me. The rear pods on the B&O go down to between 150-200 Hz, but definitely cut below 150 Hz in my testing.

After replacing the speakers, it still isn't "high end", but it's competent for a base factory system and roughly comparable to an 8 speaker 2021 Honda CR-V EX-L sound system. Which is a decent factory stereo (not amazing, but decent).
You'd need an true amp to fully get the most possible out of a speaker upgrade. Plus, the amp matches the output of the speakers so you cannot blow them.
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was by far the most reasonable quote I got in the Denver area. Shop 1 quoted $14k. Shop 2 (Car Toys) quoted $11.5k and that was without replacing any speakers just adding processor, amp and a sub! This stuff isn’t cheap.
totally understand if you’re not in the market with lotta competition they could tend to charge a lot. I just did a complete install on my new GT500 that was less with custom amp rack and custom subwoofer enclosure.

2x JL Subs
3x JL VXi Amps
Hertz legends three-way components front
Hertz Legends components rear.
high end Sound processor
LED lighting

Ford Bronco Full B&O System rip and replace audio build in 2 Door Badlands 369547B8-28A7-4732-A42D-AB30AAEC6D62

Ford Bronco Full B&O System rip and replace audio build in 2 Door Badlands 75716039-DDC3-4BA4-ACAE-5284D825E51F

Last edited:

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
totally understand if you’re not in the market with lotta competition they could tend to charge a lot. I just did a complete install on my new GT500 that was less with custom amp rack and custom subwoofer enclosure.

2x JL Subs
3x JL VXi Amps
high end Sound processor
LED lighting

Ford Bronco Full B&O System rip and replace audio build in 2 Door Badlands 75716039-DDC3-4BA4-ACAE-5284D825E51F

I love my JL audio in my 4Runner...good quality, good sound...can take a sound beating with no issues!

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2x JL Subs
3x JL VXi Amps
high end Sound processor
LED lighting

Do the shallow mount TW3 12s get pretty loud? I'm wondering if one of those or the TW5 13 would be loud enough in a 4 door Bronco

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The TW3's are good to go. Sound Great. I have been a JL guy for years and my last car had a JL W6. I have tried maybe other brands but come back to JL for Super Clean sound.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The TW3's are good to go. Sound Great. I have been a JL guy for years and my last car had a JL W6. I have tried maybe other brands but come back to JL for Super Clean sound.
Any experience with the 12" TW1? I'm considering a JL ACP112LG-TW1 since it includes the box and amplifier in one package.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any experience with the 12" TW1? I'm considering a JL ACP112LG-TW1 since it includes the box and amplifier in one package.
I would say you would be happy with the Sounds on that set up. It will sounds super clean. It's just worth going to the TW3 if it's going in a car trunk or if you are looking for much bigger/powerful bass.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Badlands lux… I just had the b&o removed at a local shop. They installed a jl audio fix it processor, 2 12 in subs pushed by a 3000 watt amp and another 800 watt amp going to tweets in the dash and new 4 in speakers in the pods. The 6.5 speakers in the kick panel were replaced with the speakers used on motorcycles, forget the name but the system screams! It’s got a very clean sound and the bass is incredible. Local Cincinnati shop did the install for a little over 3k. It sounds better than the 10k system I had on my boat.

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on your final build it seems kinda silly that you thought you might be happy with a factory optioned radio designed for the masses and not an audiophile.
I didn’t have a choice in mine, would have went for the lower end audio if I didn’t get it off the lot. I’m surprised how bad it is for their high end audio. Have yet to drive with the top down, but next week it’s happening.

Sponsored

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2021 Badlands lux… I just had the b&o removed at a local shop. They installed a jl audio fix it processor, 2 12 in subs pushed by a 3000 watt amp and another 800 watt amp going to tweets in the dash and new 4 in speakers in the pods. The 6.5 speakers in the kick panel were replaced with the speakers used on motorcycles, forget the name but the system screams! It’s got a very clean sound and the bass is incredible. Local Cincinnati shop did the install for a little over 3k. It sounds better than the 10k system I had on my boat.
Where are the subs located?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jeez, this is like listening to my home system, that has taken years to put together, cost a lot more than my Bronco, with the windows open in a hurricane and say it sounds like crap.

High non distorted volume is not always the judge of sound quality of a system.
Jeez, your point? I thought I explained I have a classic restored Jeep just like the Bronco (top and doors come off) and I can actually enjoy the music while driving in the open air and it has 80s style old school upgrades?

I also said I am fine with the system as long as you don't take the top and doors off. Have you driven with the top and doors off at 70MPH and feel B&O is still okay?

Last edited:

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeez, your point? I thought I explained I have a classic restored Jeep just like the Bronco (top and doors come off) and I can actually enjoy the music while driving in the open air and it has 80s style old school upgrades?

I also said I am fine with the system as long as you don't take the top and doors off. Have you driven with the top and doors off at 70MPH and feel B&O is still okay?
My point being is that you cannot judge the sound quality of an audio system by the normal criteria with large amounts of extraneous noise. If one's only criteria is how loud it can play without major cone breakup and amp clipping that is something different. My guess is that if this were SQ criteria, 99% of audiophile systems would sound like crap. OEM systems, lux or not are not designed for high volume levels. BTW, a system that plays well at lower volumes actually maybe a better system since human hearing response to sound frequency is non linear.

Not trying to single any one person out here, but there just so much non-specific reviews here and misunderstanding of what "normal" criteria is for an audio system. Please people, be more specific in one's reviews. But in the end it's really about what a person enjoys and that's how it should be.

I actually added B&O speakers to the center channel and rear pods; then I modified the front LCR with audio grade capacitors. Then, on all speakers I installed backwave dampening and added sound dampening around their enclosures. Plays quite nice even with top off, but then again I don't blast it.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are the subs located?
I went with a prefab box in the cargo area. Still allows room for the access to jack and storage. Didnt want to do a custom enclosure because I may need to remove it time to time. The tailgate subs seem nice but I bet it would rattle over time

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point being is that you cannot judge the sound quality of an audio system by the normal criteria with large amounts of extraneous noise. If one's only criteria is how loud it can play without major cone breakup and amp clipping that is something different. My guess is that if this were SQ criteria, 99% of audiophile systems would sound like crap. OEM systems, lux or not are not designed for high volume levels. BTW, a system that plays well at lower volumes actually maybe a better system since human hearing response to sound frequency is non linear.

Not trying to single any one person out here, but there just so much non-specific reviews here and misunderstanding of what "normal" criteria is for an audio system. Please people, be more specific in one's reviews. But in the end it's really about what a person enjoys and that's how it should be.

I actually added B&O speakers to the center channel and rear pods; then I modified the front LCR with audio grade capacitors. Then, on all speakers I installed backwave dampening and added sound dampening around their enclosures. Plays quite nice even with top off, but then again I don't blast it.
well I was pretty specific in my reviews though, maybe you still missed my point about how the B&O is fine with top on. I actually have previously defended it to others. But you can hardly hear a thing with top "and doors" off, which it sounds like you haven't tried yet at speed. I don't expect audiophile quality music when driving with all the goodies off, but I atleast want to hear what song is playing.....
Sponsored