First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Functional beadlock kit?  Anyone get it for the Sasquatch wheels 1660843733340

Not an advert for Summit - just sharing a purchase.

Just bought this and hope to get it soon - Anyone else pick up this kit from Summit? Great price - I don't need functional beadlocks - but love the look. I'll let you know how it works out with pictures as soon as I get it done.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-1021K-BL5

Ford Bronco Functional beadlock kit?  Anyone get it for the Sasquatch wheels 1660843732553
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run it on the badlands wheels. In theory IF I daily drove it they could have 7000 miles on them. The tires are bolted down….. I run like 12 psi off-road, could go lower sim sure.

FE361891-85DD-4F3D-BC2F-D41819B93D05.jpeg

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will some of the off road shops mount them? Curious how hard it is to find a shop that will do it for you.

OP
OP
MAJOP

MAJOP

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will some of the off road shops mount them? Curious how hard it is to find a shop that will do it for you.
I'm watching Youtube videos and plan to do it myself - just using a tire shop to open the bead. It's a bunch of manual labor

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually made a video on my Bronco doing the beadlock mounting in my garage. Totally DIYable.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was starting from scratch with new tires, I could see doing this. Maybe I'll need to remove one tire at a time and run down to have the bead popped to the outside.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope all of you who plan on locking your beads will be wheeling. That said, what PSI do you guys plan to run and why?

I really don't see any of these Broncos doing what I would call extreme rock crawling; not enough suspension travel, not even the Braptor. So, with no real aftermarket suspension "yet" available that can take suspension travel to upwards of 16 to 17 inches (Braptor is 14in at the rear) what is the point of going down below 15 PSI?

I really only see deadlocks as necessary if you're going below 12 PSI to like 8, but who's doing that in a Bronco?

Or, are these purchases for cosmetics?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll add for further reference, even if desert running at high speed, say, in the Braptor, I don't see going below 20 PSI and honestly, 25 PSI should give a mix of comfort and maintaining control on those 37" tires.

For you guys going to the beadlocks, are you going up in tire size or doing this with the standard 35s?

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was your place in line on 6/8?
Hope all of you who plan on locking your beads will be wheeling. That said, what PSI do you guys plan to run and why?

I really don't see any of these Broncos doing what I would call extreme rock crawling; not enough suspension travel, not even the Braptor. So, with no real aftermarket suspension "yet" available that can take suspension travel to upwards of 16 to 17 inches (Braptor is 14in at the rear) what is the point of going down below 15 PSI?

I really only see deadlocks as necessary if you're going below 12 PSI to like 8, but who's doing that in a Bronco?

You don't need suspension travel to appreciate the usefulness of bead locks.

Going below 12psi is VERY helpful on the rocks and sand. My guess is your offroad experience is limited to two tacks and dirt roads.

I have a TJ on bead locked 35" bias plys I run 3-5psi in. It just walks over and through stuff others need throttle and wheel speed with 12-15psi on non locked radials. Its almost like cheating.

Last edited:

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I can't speak for everyone but I'll be in the snow in Tahoe and I simply like the peace of mind to air down to 10psi (or lower if necessary) and not worry.

And it looks cool - I'll never outgrow the capabilities. Buy once and be done.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need suspension travel to appreciate the usefulness of bead locks.

Going below 12psi is VERY helpful on the rocks and sand. My guess is your offroad experience is limited to two tacks and dirt roads.

I have a TJ on bead locked 35" bias plys I run 3-5psi in. It just walks over and through stuff others need throttle and wheel speed with 12-15psi on non locked radials. Its almost like cheating.
The wheel travel comment was about rock crawling where extreme contours of grip are most necessary. The Bronco, even Braptor Can't do the extreme crawling of a Wrangler with a long travel set up; no IFS could, even in Ultra4 set up. With suspension travel of 13in at the front and 14in at the rear, Braptor travel is impressive, but not the 17+ that's a good upgrade can get you on a solid axle.

No, I don't have a lot of desert and sand experience, but even in those conditions, never ran lower than 10 PSI. I know guys who run 8 or so with beads locked, but that's about it. 3-5 PSI I'll call your personal choice and will trust it does indeed work for you.

Guy who started the thread is in Georgia, so not a lot of sand around here even when at the beaches where there are very few that allow off roading and dune running.

Last edited:

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wheel travel content was about rock crawling where extreme contours of grip are most necessary. The Bronco, even Braptor Can't do the extreme crawling of a Wrangler with a long travel set up; no IFS could, even in Ultra4 set up. With suspension travel of 13in at the front and 14in at the rear, Braptor travel is impressive, but not the 17+ that's a good upgrade can get you on a solid axle.

No, I don't have a lot of desert and sand experience, but even in those conditions, never ran lower than 10 PSI. I know guys who run 8 or so with beads locked, but that's about it. 3-5 PSI I'll call your personal choice and will trust it does indeed work for you.

Guy who started the thread is in Georgia, so not a lot of sand around here even when at the beaches where there are very few that allow off roading and dune running.
I'm from Michigan, we have mud, sand, snow and rocks. Low pressure tires on bead locks work better than non bead locked.

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beadlocks are intended for extreme low psi, great for extreme rock crawling in single digit psi as mentioned. Functional wise, there is absolutely no other reason to run them. Still your preference in the end, regardless. I run beadlocks on my prerunner, doing mainly open desert high speed runs. 23-25psi works best for me 99% of the time... why do I have them? Because I like them and want them haha. Are they a PITA to install? 100%
Just have to be patient as it's super time consuming. BTW almost all beadlock wheel manufactures suggest NOT inflating past 25psi... although people do it all the time.

Ford Bronco Functional beadlock kit?  Anyone get it for the Sasquatch wheels innov

Ford Bronco Functional beadlock kit?  Anyone get it for the Sasquatch wheels jump2

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a set. Going to put them on when I finally get my backordered KM3s. Trails I go to have a good mix of sand, mud and rocks. one pretty technical rock climb, and some other easier stuff. Challenges most Jeeps. Gonna be tough for an IFS to go through it, but I gotta do it! I'm sure w/the right line and the right air pressure I'll get there!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beadlocks are intended for extreme low psi, great for extreme rock crawling in single digit psi as mentioned. Functional wise, there is absolutely no other reason to run them. Still your preference in the end, regardless. I run beadlocks on my prerunner, doing mainly open desert high speed runs. 23-25psi works best for me 99% of the time... why do I have them? Because I like them and want them haha. Are they a PITA to install? 100%
Just have to be patient as it's super time consuming. BTW almost all beadlock wheel manufactures suggest NOT inflating past 25psi... although people do it all the time.

Ford Bronco Functional beadlock kit?  Anyone get it for the Sasquatch wheels jump2

Don't go higher than 25 PSI? Wow. Wonder what that would do to on road performance running that low daily?

However, yes, single digit PSI for beadlocked wheels makes sense and what I thought, but not for high speed in the desert for fear of coming down on your wheel.

Like you said, to each his own.
Sponsored