First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I apologize in advance for even asking this question. I looked for it but couldn’t find the answer.
I have a base without aux switches. I’m adding a Trigger 4 so I can add dis and a thing or two later. The power wires are red, black and yellow. Easy to understand. I want to only power the lights when the ignition or accessory is on. The yellow wire. I want to tap a fuse that is on with the ignition. I have aux fuses that are unused as well as power seat fuses. Not sure if they are powered? If so I can use one. If not I need to tap. Anyone know before what surely will be potentially messy trial and error?
Also, can I run the red wire to the “+”terminal off the fuse box and not the battery directly?
Thanks for all you can do.
Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've used a fuse tap to get 12v power and hard wired in to charge my Bluetti as well as through the inverter (duel charge). I'm planning to change it from an accessory power to ignition power so need to see which one works good for that.

But here is a PDF showing all the fuses and what they are for.

Attachments

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to use a fuse tap on the heated steering wheel(37). Given it's high amp rating and I don't have it as an option I felt good about it. It comes on with ignition.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've used a fuse tap to get 12v power and hard wired in to charge my Bluetti as well as through the inverter (duel charge). I'm planning to change it from an accessory power to ignition power so need to see which one works good for that.

Thanks for this! It’ll help me greatly.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to use a fuse tap on the heated steering wheel(37). Given it's high amp rating and I don't have it as an option I felt good about it. It comes on with ignition.
Thanks. I attack all this tomorrow. Looking forward to it all.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For the "empty" spare fuses has anyone confirmed that they are active? Looking for an ignition powered 12v for onboard air.

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Great thanks but it still doesn’t show which fuses are only powered on when the engine is running, or only powered when you push the button. As my bronco has remote start, and not everything comes on until you push the start button. I don’t have any test equipment to test what’s powered on and when.

trying to get information from someone who has the test equipment and has tested every single fuse Location to see which fuses come on when u remote start, when you have it turned on fully, and when u push the button without having the brake pedal depressed.

Example is number 2 fuse of the engine fuse compartment is that one only on when the ignition is on, or is it on full time? It’s for the power windows, ac/dc converter. Ok great. But is that always on, or only on with ignition? Etc…
Sponsored