First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couldn't find any threads about this issue, and this is my first time posting about a problem, so bear with me. 2022 Outer Banks, 17k miles and recently, when pressing or releasing the gas pedal, you can feel a sticky or rough movement feeling from the gas pedal. This occurs with slower pedal motions and not when flooring it or letting off the pedal instantly. Hard to explain but easing off and on the gas pedal creates a bumpy, sticky feeling and you can feel it through any type of shoe. Made sure to test with vehicle off, ensured there was no debris anywhere, and tested with different shoes, etc (even put a little lube around the area with no change). Just curious if anyone else was noticing this or if I'm just being too picky about some annoying feeling.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No issues here. Sounds like it's slightly dragging/binding. Has it been this way since new or just started?

OP
OP
Jacoozzie

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No issues here. Sounds like it's slightly dragging/binding. Has it been this way since new or just started?
Never noticed it new, and I'm extremely attentative to this kind of stuff, especially on a new vehicle. I'll let the dealer know, but I'm afraid it's gonna be another "we couldn't replicate the issue" and hassle. šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Couldn't find any threads about this issue, and this is my first time posting about a problem, so bear with me. 2022 Outer Banks, 17k miles and recently, when pressing or releasing the gas pedal, you can feel a sticky or rough movement feeling from the gas pedal. This occurs with slower pedal motions and not when flooring it or letting off the pedal instantly. Hard to explain but easing off and on the gas pedal creates a bumpy, sticky feeling and you can feel it through any type of shoe. Made sure to test with vehicle off, ensured there was no debris anywhere, and tested with different shoes, etc (even put a little lube around the area with no change). Just curious if anyone else was noticing this or if I'm just being too picky about some annoying feeling.
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your pedal concerns on my end.

88 FoxBody

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 fox body mustang w/ 347ci motor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same issue. Itā€™s noticeably worse when itā€™s cold out and sticks anytime you slightly change pedal position. Itā€™s very noticeable when youā€™re cruising. The pedal dosent stick in one spot if you lift off the gas causing a hanging throttle or anything. Itā€™s just super annoying. I assume itā€™s plastic on plastic sticking together. Iā€™m going to try and lubricate it to see if I can fix it myself before taking it to the dealer. Ford dealers around me are a S#+% show so Iā€™m trying to avoid it if possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jacoozzie

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same issue. Itā€™s noticeably worse when itā€™s cold out and sticks anytime you slightly change pedal position. Itā€™s very noticeable when youā€™re cruising. The pedal dosent stick in one spot if you lift off the gas causing a hanging throttle or anything. Itā€™s just super annoying. I assume itā€™s plastic on plastic sticking together. Iā€™m going to try and lubricate it to see if I can fix it myself before taking it to the dealer. Ford dealers around me are a S#+% show so Iā€™m trying to avoid it if possible.
Exactly! It's been cold out so that could be why it's been more noticable, but it is extremely obnoxious and for a vehicle at this price point it's extremely disappointing.

Arvitrekking

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a similar issue on my ā€˜23 BD.

Skip176

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the exact same problem and is worse when itā€™s cold I happen to be at dealer now for oil change and mentioned it. Letā€™s see what their response is. Btw I have 12k miles and has done it since a few thousand miles

OP
OP
Jacoozzie

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the exact same problem and is worse when itā€™s cold I happen to be at dealer now for oil change and mentioned it. Letā€™s see what their response is. Btw I have 12k miles and has done it since a few thousand miles
Let me know what they tell ya. I won't be at the dealer until next week. šŸ™

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmm.

So just speculating here - I would guess you need a new "travel position sensor". Part number MB3Z-9F836-A may get you there but I can't promise it's correct. If you are under warranty and you can get your Dealer to get with it, it should be covered. Outside of warranty it would cost about $75 (+/-).

The "gas pedal" isn't really a pedal, it's a analog to digital transducer that tells the CAN bus how far you have the pedal pushed down. It isn't physically connected to anything, and the physical feedback you feel is artificial - I don't know if it's a little hydraulic cylinder or a spring or what internally - but something to give it some resistance.

So if your pedal feels funny, it's because this internal resistance thing has gotten wonky.

This is a good read about it
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/electronic-throttle-controller.14280/

Sponsored

88 FoxBody

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 fox body mustang w/ 347ci motor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got in my footwell and recorded a video of the sound. I decided to take some grease I had left over to fix the issue. The grease is made for sunroof parts that are plastic on plastic. I had it left over from my days as a mechanic. I used a small bush to get it up in the hinged area of the pedal assembly. I worked it in there real good and cleaned up the residual. Itā€™s smooth and quite as a church mouse now.

IMG_5521.jpeg

OP
OP
Jacoozzie

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got in my footwell and recorded a video of the sound. I decided to take some grease I had left over to fix the issue. The grease is made for sunroof parts that are plastic on plastic. I had it left over from my days as a mechanic. I used a small bush to get it up in the hinged area of the pedal assembly. I worked it in there real good and cleaned up the residual. Itā€™s smooth and quite as a church mouse now.

Ford Bronco Gas Pedal Sticky/Bumpy/Rough IMG_5521
That's excatly how mine sounds!!! I'll give the grease a try and of course I'll still mention it to my dealership. Going in for paint chipping on the inner passenger door as it scrapes every time it's closed, also have a leaky bolt holding the rear glass to the roof (sigh) so many ittle issues with these things and it's driving me nuts lol. I really appreciate the video, thanks a ton!

OP
OP
Jacoozzie

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a small update: Took the vehicle in for service, gas pedal was replaced under warranty and feels better but still has a slight stick to it (not to worried at this point, may add some lube). While in the shop they also replaced the entire rear glass because of a leak from the bolt in the rear window, and in turn they made that problem worse. Now my rear window leaks like crazy from the top seal... But that's for another thread I suppose lol šŸ˜’

Arvitrekking

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little silicone spray helped. The pedal sticking can be felt when pressing the pedal by hand but not with my foot. The pedal feel is not great. Iā€™m thinking of using a small brush to work silicone lube in there.
Sponsored