Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My apologies if someone has answered this. I did a search and couldn't find it.

I installed the Gatorback front mud flaps (at least on driver side). A few issues. Is the rock rail supposed to be all the way in the cut out? The top of it is, the bottom isn't. Also, how do you get it level? Both issues are either because you are installing in a round wheel well or I did something wrong. I am willing to accept the latter. Thoughts from anyone that has installed them?

Update: Tried installing the other side. Nothing matches up. The cutout is too far down - how can QA/QC be so bad for a $350 product. I would have been better off buying something cheap and trying to modify it. Seriously regretting this purchase.

Ford Bronco Gatorback Installation question 20220525_182339

Ford Bronco Gatorback Installation question 20220525_184432

Ford Bronco Gatorback Installation question 20220525_184507

Ford Bronco Gatorback Installation question 20220525_182347
Sponsored

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine look very similar after I installed them. Only a small part of rock rail pokes through the hole in the flap.

There’s room to loosen the different nuts and make adjustments to get them more level. I didn’t go too crazy over it though, I would say my install look similar to yours.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine look very similar after I installed them. Only a small part of rock rail pokes through the hole in the flap.

There’s room to loosen the different nuts and make adjustments to get them more level. I didn’t go too crazy over it though, I would say my install look similar to yours.
Good to know - they made such a big deal about being level in the video, I thought I'd done something wrong.

The misalignment on the passenger side is a bigger issue. I need to find something to cut the top portion of the rock rail cutout to make more room.

Thanks for guidance.

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea it took some more adjusting on the passenger side for me as well but I eventually got it to poke through without any cutting.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
RekGen. I was so surprised how well made the RekGen are and how great they fit wit SAS and rock rails. And, 25% the cost of the Gatorbacks.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I anticipated issues like this and started with the passenger side front, because I thought I would see that one least often and if it came out wonky I wouldn't be triggered by it as frequently. :)

The rear ones were an order of magnitude easier.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I anticipated issues like this and started with the passenger side front, because I thought I would see that one least often and if it came out wonky I wouldn't be triggered by it as frequently. :)

The rear ones were an order of magnitude easier.
I fully admit that had I taken the tires off that it would have been easier. With that said, it wouldn't have made a difference on the passenger side. Having to modify that rock rail opening so the holes would line up for the screws is BS - and because I was trying to manipulate the screws a bit before deciding I would have to make a cut, the spring clips kept on moving out of place resulting in some scratching on the tabs. which added insult to injury. I'll have to go back in and clean that up at some point soon, but wanted to get them on before we went to the beach. I wouldn't buy these again if I had it to do all over again.
Sponsored