Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No drilling required. Extremely easy.
How did you install without drilling? The gatorback YouTube video and instructions both say you have to drill for both steel and plastic bumper. I have the steel bumper and I had a look at it and it definitely looks like it needs to be drilled.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you install without drilling? The gatorback YouTube video and instructions both say you have to drill for both steel and plastic bumper. I have the steel bumper and I had a look at it and it definitely looks like it needs to be drilled.

Sasquatch Broncos come with a small "mini flap" that essentially extends the rear bumper out a few inches to match the width of the Sasquatch fender flares. Find a pic of a Wildtrak rear view and you'll see it. This is pre-drilled and installed in the factory. I just re-used those mounting holes.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you confirm whether or not you had to drill into your rear bumper for the install?
To be totally honest, I didn't install them myself. But here's a picture of my rear flaps, if it helps - Looks like it's drilled into the bumper though and seems pretty sturdy. I have a Sasquatched Badlands.

Ford Bronco Install Gatorback rear flap question IMG_1559

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To be totally honest, I didn't install them myself. But here's a picture of my rear flaps, if it helps - Looks like it's drilled into the bumper though and seems pretty sturdy. I have a Sasquatched Badlands.

Ford Bronco Install Gatorback rear flap question IMG_1559
Yep, they should be drilled with self tappers. A tiny drill bit to get the started and a ratchet works.

I did it with a regular drill, a right angle drill be slightly easier, but it's not necessary. I used a regular socket/ratchet to finish it off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch Broncos come with a small "mini flap" that essentially extends the rear bumper out a few inches to match the width of the Sasquatch fender flares. Find a pic of a Wildtrak rear view and you'll see it. This is pre-drilled and installed in the factory. I just re-used those mounting holes.
Ah ok got it. I have a non-sas badlands

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah ok got it. I have a non-sas badlands

Gotcha. Yah, do the drilling then. The factory does it for the Sasquatch package so it's not like it's going to hurt anything!
Sponsored