First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Ford Motor Company I used my Ford points to get the official Gatorback Mudflaps for my First Edition and they finally were installed by my dealer, whom I have officially determined is awful and incompetent. To give you an idea, they installed the protective sills on the plastic where the indented sills are and not on the metal in front of it, surprise-popped right off. Anyways, so each of the four are located in different spots in relation to each of the tires. Front, Back, Right, Left all different. Different heights and different relative to the tire. The front ones have holes for the rock rails of which neither are in the right spot (actually in the hole) and putting pressure on the whole thing. They had drilled multiple holes in the mudflaps themselves (right next to each other so it's just one big hole) even though they were "no drill" and then the icing on the cake-somehow they lost or broke a washer because one of the screws that attach the mudflap to the car is missing and I know that that screw head is going to grind away at the mudflap and then be useless. To top it off, even though I paid for install at the time of ordering them and used my points for that, they were like, nope never did (it's simple math) so that's another $300 for installing them. What the ACTUAL F&@K! I can't even verify what they are supposed to look like because EVERY picture of them on Ford's website shows them differently. I guess I am just looking for some ideas on how I should approach this whole debacle. I know in the scheme of things it's not a huge deal but it pisses me off! I just have never seen this much overall incompetence before.
Sponsored

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yo bro ! We need pictures !. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here ya go. Measured. The back ones sit like 9.25 and like 9.75 off the ground. The front are both 7 something.

tempImage4sGbtY.png

tempImageW3LxGN.png

tempImage47nzUh.png

tempImagedu5vrN.png

tempImage3wc2FU.png

tempImageKIH1f7.png

tempImageoSvN0T.png

tempImageRBnasK.png

tempImageJn7iXP.png

tempImageS5cYA8.png

tempImageWmhtDU.png

tempImagepWLT3L.png

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dammit I hate when I put the pictures up the right way and they flip, arggh sorry.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished installing all of mine by myself. Their build up is a little erector set like but, the install was very simple! This is a dealer issue. Ford corporate has absolutely nothing to do with this at all and barking up that tree will net you nothing, sorry. Go meet with your service manager at the dealership. Be firm but, donā€™t be a prick.

637922EF-F59B-4769-BC80-AB335F06A717.jpeg

14045E72-A6BA-41FD-B4F4-24A98313E1CF.jpeg

C35D1C28-665E-417A-8E96-1EEE99DA6184.jpeg

D200BFF3-AF7F-4D84-8C41-EB2E4073BE2D.jpeg

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here ya go. Measured. The back ones sit like 9.25 and like 9.75 off the ground. The front are both 7 something.

tempImage4sGbtY.png

tempImageW3LxGN.png

tempImage47nzUh.png

tempImagedu5vrN.png

tempImage3wc2FU.png

tempImageKIH1f7.png

tempImageoSvN0T.png

tempImageRBnasK.png

tempImageJn7iXP.png

tempImageS5cYA8.png

tempImageWmhtDU.png

tempImagepWLT3L.png
Your pics are fucked bro all flipped and shit this what they should look like installed the correct way

Ford Bronco Ford Gatorback Mudflaps Misinstalled? 5DDD6103-0778-4CC8-A5E0-8EECDE68D560

Ford Bronco Ford Gatorback Mudflaps Misinstalled? 861C5C0F-9E1A-4E10-909B-3292D534E785

Ford Bronco Ford Gatorback Mudflaps Misinstalled? 03EC7D8C-D3BD-49DA-94CB-18298F026CDA

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Second @Firefight911 . See the service manager, bring your tape measurer. Show them that they are installed at varying heights and from the rough looks of it protrude by different amounts as well (but that could be the angle). If the mudflaps are missing hardware or otherwise damaged from their install, bring that up as well.
For $300 to install, they should have no issues.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So follow up. Spoke with the Assistant Service Manager (Manager was off today). Very nice and helpful. Ordering me a whole new set, free install and gave me my install fee back in FordPass points (which is how I paid for them). Right now, very happy and we will see how they end up.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can loosen the screws to slide them left and right. Regarding the height, itā€™s hard to screw that up since it installs onto fixed points on the bronco. Not sure why thereā€™s such a huge difference between the front and back.

My dealer did a pretty good job. The only thing I had to fix on mine was the rear passenger side which wasnā€™t level. But I think they were making a judgment call. Something with that corner of the bumper was off so they maxed out as much as they could without the flap being exposed. I took it home, dremeled about 5/8 off the top of the flap and reinstalled it and itā€™s nice and level now.

On a Sasquatch I think itā€™s about 10.5 off the floor for all 4. Itā€™s been awhile but thatā€™s the number I remember.

Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished installing all of mine by myself. Their build up is a little erector set like but, the install was very simple! This is a dealer issue. Ford corporate has absolutely nothing to do with this at all and barking up that tree will net you nothing, sorry. Go meet with your service manager at the dealership. Be firm but, donā€™t be a prick.

Ford Bronco Ford Gatorback Mudflaps Misinstalled? 03EC7D8C-D3BD-49DA-94CB-18298F026CDA

Do you have to drill into the rear bumper for these install? I'm looking at the instructions online and it says you do. I imagine you'd have to remove the tire to drill those.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have to drill into the rear bumper for these install? I'm looking at the instructions online and it says you do. I imagine you'd have to remove the tire to drill those.
No. Unscrew the small "flap" and remove it and bolt right back on with the Gatorback. If you have a non-squatch, then, yes, you will drill a hole. There will be zero need to remove a tire for any install.
Sponsored