BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live on a series of backroads and especially being winter, I need mudflaps. So there's basically the reasonably priced molded splash guards, or the (imo) pricey Gatorbacks. Finally found the non-logo Gatorbacks which is slightly cheaper, and now it appears they have the no plated version which again knocks it down in price a bit. For those who have the Gatorbacks, how heavy is that plate? Will these mudflaps blow around without it? Only ever had molded splash guards or Canadian Tire cheap mudflaps on other vehicles. Pictured is the non-logo and non plated versions. The logo version is about CDN $500 per pair šŸ„µšŸ˜­ lol

Screenshot_20211223-072752.png

Screenshot_20211223-072801.png
Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the no plate Gatorbacks on my ZR2. While definitely pricey, they are fantastic. The rubber bottom part flexes as much as it needs to when going over obstacles, but are definitely not blowing around. Itā€™s a thick rubber. And they wonā€™t break at -40 like the molded ones do.

I thought Iā€™d never pay this much for a set of flaps but I was always breaking the crappy plastic ones on my Tacoma and didnā€™t want to be replacing them all the time. The plastic ones are also very loud when driving through snow, stubble fields, etc. These arenā€™t loud.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the no plate Gatorbacks on my ZR2. While definitely pricey, they are fantastic. The rubber bottom part flexes as much as it needs to when going over obstacles, but are definitely not blowing around. Itā€™s a thick rubber. And they wonā€™t break at -40 like the molded ones do.

I thought Iā€™d never pay this much for a set of flaps but I was always breaking the crappy plastic ones on my Tacoma and didnā€™t want to be replacing them all the time. The plastic ones are also very loud when driving through snow, stubble fields, etc. These arenā€™t loud.
Thanks appreciate it. So they'd still be a nice heavy mudflap even with the no plate version. šŸ‘

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks appreciate it. So they'd still be a nice heavy mudflap even with the no plate version. šŸ‘
Ford Bronco Mudflaps - Gatorback w/o plate FBEC00EC-1CFF-403E-B74A-7B89C38F9989

Sorry, I just looked and mine do have the plate on them, itā€™s just a black plate (didnā€™t want any logos on mine).

I still think the rubber is thick enough you shouldnā€™t have any problems.

ā€¦or just spend the $50 more and get the plate ones lol. Youā€™re already paying a stupid amount for flaps, might as well go all in. šŸ˜„

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Mudflaps - Gatorback w/o plate FBEC00EC-1CFF-403E-B74A-7B89C38F9989

Sorry, I just looked and mine do have the plate on them, itā€™s just a black plate (didnā€™t want any logos on mine).

I still think the rubber is thick enough you shouldnā€™t have any problems.

ā€¦or just spend the $50 more and get the plate ones lol. Youā€™re already paying a stupid amount for flaps, might as well go all in. šŸ˜„
They are quite nice. Ya true it's ridiculous either way šŸ˜œ

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I could not get over that Bronco chrome look on the Ford mud flaps. Reminds me of the guys who bling out their truck with everything Autozone has that is chrome including windshield wipers.

OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to order a set of these until I read the instructions... I'm not drilling into my rear bumper to install a set of mudflaps :p
Did you go with the molded set or another type?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with the molded set or another type?
Nothing yet, I bought some generic flaps off of Amazon but I don't see how they'd fit the Bronco.

I will likely go for the molded Ford accessory and then modify them to fit around my rock rails.
Sponsored