Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am genuinely not trying to debate here, every situation is unique. The one thing I promised myself in September of 2020 is that I wouldn’t shake from my Bronco order. No matter what. No. Matter. What.

I put up with a lot of twists, turns, disappointments, delays. But now I drive an awesome Bronco. I camp on the beach, off road to the mountains, drive top down for months.

I don’t have much of a point other than, decide what is important to you. Situations and interactions are less likely to drive decisions when you know what you really honestly want. They’re distractions at that point.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you missed other parts of the post. I did not take issue with the offer on the trade. The part I have issue with is the ultimatum to make a decision to accept their deal in 4 hours before they close for the evening and before my credit union had even gotten back to me with my rate and term. This all happened at 4pm on Friday afternoon, they close at 8pm. The bronco arrived on their lot 2:48pm. I know the exact time because my salesman sent me a video of the truck rolling in.

I was ready to move forward without even taking the trade into account, because I wanted the Bronco regardless of the number on the trade. What I wasn't ready for was the ultimatum, when they had not even done the PDI on the truck, removed and shipping plastics, washed it, or even moved it from where the truck driver parked it. I totally understand what they offered on the car. For me it would have gone over completely different had the manager said no problem go home discuss the deal with your wife and let us know in the morning. Instead I was presented with " that's fine if you need to discuss this with your wife, but you need to decide and tell us today" and today was whispered and spoken quickly. I had to ask him to repeat himself. And this shady pressure tactic was extremely shitty.

Again I did no bashing of the dealer in my original post, just stated I did not agree with there let us know today or else sales tactics.
Bet dollars to donuts you can find your exact build sitting on a lot somewhere else within 500 miles at msrp and dealer glad to have your business

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bet dollars to donuts you can find your exact build sitting on a lot somewhere else within 500 miles at msrp and dealer glad to have your business
Better get ready to cough up some dollars if the OP lives in SoCal. There is literally nothing on lots at MSRP within 300-400 miles of LA and San Diego. Or at least there wasn't a few months ago when I last looked. I see that asking ADMs have gone from pure lunacy ($15k) to crazy ($7k) but it is still ADM everywhere.

All the MSRP trucks seem to be east of the Rockies. I drove 300 miles for mine, which was early 23MY pricing with ADM that made it equivalent to current MSRP.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off. THERE STILL DOING MARKUPS!?!?!?
Im sure you can find a bronco off the lot for msrp.

Second. Has it been announced that 2024 will be a face lift?

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you missed other parts of the post. I did not take issue with the offer on the trade. The part I have issue with is the ultimatum to make a decision to accept their deal in 4 hours before they close for the evening and before my credit union had even gotten back to me with my rate and term. This all happened at 4pm on Friday afternoon, they close at 8pm. The bronco arrived on their lot 2:48pm. I know the exact time because my salesman sent me a video of the truck rolling in.

I was ready to move forward without even taking the trade into account, because I wanted the Bronco regardless of the number on the trade. What I wasn't ready for was the ultimatum, when they had not even done the PDI on the truck, removed and shipping plastics, washed it, or even moved it from where the truck driver parked it. I totally understand what they offered on the car. For me it would have gone over completely different had the manager said no problem go home discuss the deal with your wife and let us know in the morning. Instead I was presented with " that's fine if you need to discuss this with your wife, but you need to decide and tell us today" and today was whispered and spoken quickly. I had to ask him to repeat himself. And this shady pressure tactic was extremely shitty.

Again I did no bashing of the dealer in my original post, just stated I did not agree with there let us know today or else sales tactics.
I misunderstood your point to some degree.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So when you trade in a vehicle you just accept what ever # the dealer gives you? You don't take some time to consider the deal presented to you? You just sign on the line no matter what's on the paper? The dealers must love you. I never said anything a out the dealer not honoring thier price. The dealer called me the morning the Bronco was due to arrive, I immediately applied for my loan. I was not expecting the dealer to tell me I had 4 hours once I arrived to have everything in order. Most dealers give you some time especially when it is an order. What would the dealer lose waiting til the next morning?
Not what they would lose but what they would gain, 10k-15k ADM if you walked on the deal

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am genuinely not trying to debate here, every situation is unique. The one thing I promised myself in September of 2020 is that I wouldn’t shake from my Bronco order. No matter what. No. Matter. What.

I put up with a lot of twists, turns, disappointments, delays. But now I drive an awesome Bronco. I camp on the beach, off road to the mountains, drive top down for months.

I don’t have much of a point other than, decide what is important to you. Situations and interactions are less likely to drive decisions when you know what you really honestly want. They’re distractions at that point.
No matter what in my case would be waiting until he** freezes over since I have yet to see a painted modular top. By not waiting I have almost 36000 wonderful highway miles of Bronco life.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ultimatum to take the Bronco by closing time is bad business. They could have waited till the next day. There is no type of purchase that is more dysfunctional or a worse experience than buying a car. There are a few good dealers and you have to be willing travel, but the majority are basically just scamming unwitting customers to get the highest price they can. That’s the business model.

I‘m surprised there are even ADMs on Broncos anymore. I saw like 10 of them yesterday.

OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First off. THERE STILL DOING MARKUPS!?!?!?
Im sure you can find a bronco off the lot for msrp.

Second. Has it been announced that 2024 will be a face lift?
Yes they are. My dealer went from 5K when no one could get one on the lot and now that they have 2, not including the one I ordered which would make 3. They bumped it up to 10K.

I don't think a full face lift, but a small refresh. Most likely some tech inside and the will probably stream line packages, like they have in other models to make the assembly line flow better. I think 2024 was planned from the get go, and they kept that date even though the launch was delayed

We will see. I'm in no rush to fork out $57K, and another $10k in interest. It would be awesome to have a Bronco right now, but it will work out when it is supposed to.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they are. My dealer went from 5K when no one could get one on the lot and now that they have 2, not including the one I ordered which would make 3. They bumped it up to 10K.

I don't think a full face lift, but a small refresh. Most likely some tech inside and the will probably stream line packages, like they have in other models to make the assembly line flow better. I think 2024 was planned from the get go, and they kept that date even though the launch was delayed

We will see. I'm in no rush to fork out $57K, and another $10k in interest. It would be awesome to have a Bronco right now, but it will work out when it is supposed to.
Take your time. Do not get pressured into a sale, which is what your dealer seems to have tried. Unfortunately. If your itching, there are broncos on lots that are selling at msrp. You just gotta dig around and make the calls. Some dealers are hurting right now and they wont play games. Cheers. Its a mixed bag right now with dealers. Some are still in the post covid shortage craze “we can charge whatever we want even tho we arnt making sales” and others have come to reality “we havnt sold a car all week, lets stop raping customers, we need a sale”.

OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take your time. Do not get pressured into a sale, which is what your dealer seems to have tried. Unfortunately. If your itching, there are broncos on lots that are selling at msrp. You just gotta dig around and make the calls. Some dealers are hurting right now and they wont play games. Cheers. Its a mixed bag right now with dealers. Some are still in the post covid shortage craze “we can charge whatever we want even tho we arnt making sales” and others have come to reality “we havnt sold a car all week, lets stop raping customers, we need a sale”.
Very true. I'm in no rush. Ford will be keeping the Bronco around for a while.
Sponsored