Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since all the GOAT modes are just an electronic program in the Bronco, does anyone know if you can flash in or program more modes into the Bronco? Say you buy a Bronco Base with SAS, could you program in Rock Crawl mode or Baja Mode? You may not get the camera features, but could get all the mapping benefits of the Transmission, Engine, Transfer Case and Lockers right?

Just my thoughts......Maybe Ford will sell those to update GOAT modes for say $150 each additional mode you add in at the dealership, and update VIN in system that it has those additional modes. Seems Ford would make a lot of money for no real additional overhead on this.

I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback and maybe Ford is also listening?!?!?
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’ll need to wait until people get their hands on these before questions like this can be accurately answered.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given the way they developed the MODES on Raptor, The Throttle Mapping and Shift Points should follow the MODE, and the ABS and TC differences will follow 2H,4H,4A,4L and Locker settings.
So Sport in 2H would have Street ABS and TC, and Sport 4H Lockers will have Offroad ABS TC.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the way they developed the MODES on Raptor, The Throttle Mapping and Shift Points should follow the MODE, and the ABS and TC differences will follow 2H,4H,4A,4L and Locker settings.
So Sport in 2H would have Street ABS and TC, and Sport 4H Lockers will have Offroad ABS TC.
That's interesting and new information to me. If that's the case, it would support the idea that if Baja mode is selected, and then 2H/no lockers is selected, it would essentially be Sport mode. And vice versa.

Makes not having Sport mode in the Badlands, for example, less of a thing. Will still wait for someone to confirm that this is the case, but thanks for sharing.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd want sasquatch mode where everything was turned up to 11.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read thru all the posts on that thread, but the references to Ranger and Raptor seem like different animals. Bronco was designed to be modular and if Ford is selling the programs, all of us win, to include Ford and the Dealerships. Jeep and Toyota would not be able to compete with that kind of Modularity and it would pull in even more customers.

Like the other thread referenced, you can pick and choose what is on or off for features, but that does not actually take place of the mapping, shift points, etc....

Ford, if you are listening, Allow for us Bronco Owners to be able to buy additional modes as a part of your flash tune packages!!!!

It is a money maker, happy customers bring in more customers. No other manufacturers are doing this, so be an industry leader with Bronco and bring this to the Bronco Fan Base....This would be an unpredictable move that would blow the socks off the competition.....Maybe even make the competition think it is unfair 🤣

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what came with my raptor and this is predecessor to GOAT Modes.
GOAT Modes are PRESETS and simplify the combo making.

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode Question Raptor_Modes

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what came with my raptor and this is predecessor to GOAT Modes.
GOAT Modes are PRESETS and simplify the combo making.

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode Question Raptor_Modes

That is a cool diagram and I like what you have. What I’m getting at is that there are also mapping changes within the power band and shift points in the transmission, etc....These are things you cannot change with the flick of a button which is why people say closely replicate. Same on my F150, when I put my truck in wet/slippery mode, it changes my power delivery compared to Sport or Economy mode. There are more benefits to the different modes than lockers and 4H or 4L. Otherwise they wouldn’t have all the different options with similar 4WD and Locker setups, in my opinion only....

Sponsored

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How they came up with who gets what GOAT Mode "Preset" is Marketing.
It is clear from the Default Options Chart that MudRuts goes with rear locker option, Baja goes with Adv 4wd/Bilstein suspension(SAS), No Sport with SBD, and Rock Crawling is just to sell Bumpers and Rock Rails.
Im betting the Computers should have all programmed, just need to be activated.

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode Question Comp_Chart_Edited

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's interesting and new information to me. If that's the case, it would support the idea that if Baja mode is selected, and then 2H/no lockers is selected, it would essentially be Sport mode. And vice versa.

Makes not having Sport mode in the Badlands, for example, less of a thing. Will still wait for someone to confirm that this is the case, but thanks for sharing.
Nope. Sport and Baja are completely different. At least on the Raptor they are. Baja on the street sucks. Sport on the street is fun.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Sport and Baja are completely different. At least on the Raptor they are. Baja on the street sucks. Sport on the street is fun.
Good to know. Can you share how they are different from your experience?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know. Can you share how they are different from your experience?
Baja keeps the engine RPM's high to keep the turbos spooled. Great when off-road in a wide open area. Pretty sketchy on the road.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is the 2nd Gen Raptor Modes Overview. They simplified from Gen 1. Again, should give some insights to Bronco. Either way... they will eventually have a chart for Bronco. Most important... You Do Not Need any presets to use the Bronco. Just pick the 4wd Mode and engage lockers as needed. I used to use my minivan as a pit vehicle for Score Baja Races while wife and kids sat at the Hotel Poolside. Picking the right line is way more important than any goat mode.

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode Question 2019_Raptor_Modes
Sponsored