Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Got a 48 hour Dealer Demo today! I am here to tell you I was 100% impressed with everything about the bronco , it is a wild track high package 4 door (not a 2 door badlands lux like I ordered) but I have to say all the videos and all the likes and dislikes are just opinions. I am so glad after all the bad news lately I got this opportunity because now I am ready to wait and fully confident I am making the right decision The Bronco is definitely worth the wait!

I am tired a Long day So I will post more tomorrow

At least I will get a good nights sleep for a change haha
Ford Bronco Got a dealer demo today A992951C-8336-49FA-AE6D-211171FF80BE
Ford Bronco Got a dealer demo today 7E6F9FAB-B86C-4E72-A7CE-B652FEB7F9F4
Sponsored

Last edited:

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lucky dog!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kind of odd timing for a dealer demo to be available for immediate delivery. The 6 month in-service requirement hasn't lapsed. They will lose allocation and won't be eligible for future FCTP programs. But that is on them. Congrats for exploring all your options.

Edit: I believe I misinterpreted the OP. I was interpreting that they bought the vehicle when in fact they may only have an overnight demo of it.

Last edited:

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of odd timing for a dealer demo to be available for immediate delivery. The 6 month in-service requirement hasn't lapsed. They will lose allocation and won't be eligible for future FCTP programs. But that is on them. Congrats for exploring all your options.
I am hearing from other dealers that Ford is letting dealers sell their mannequin.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That Rapid Red is sure Purdy!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hearing from other dealers that Ford is letting dealers sell their mannequin.
They are, but there is still a 6 month in-service requirement. Penalties are loss of allocation for the Bronco and Bronco Sport and being ineligible for future participation in the FCTP program.

But I believe I misinterpreted the OP. I was interpreting that they bought the vehicle when in fact they may only have an overnight demo of it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is a demo. OP said he ordered a 2-door.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, I got to spend half an hour in a service loaner from my local dealer. Here are my impressions:

What I didn't like:

The 4-cylinder engine is clearly a turbo motor with nothing, nothing, then quite a bit of something as it revs up. On my 1.6 4-cylinder turbo Escape you can't really tell there's a turbocharger on the engine. The automatic transmission might make a difference there.

There is a sort of tachometer function which is a bar graph to the right of the digital speed, which is to the right of a real speedometer dial. It shows the engine RPMs as 2.7 for 2700 and apparently the bar graph goes up and down too, but it is pretty much worthless. It would be nice to have an option to make the display show a more traditional tachometer.

I absolutely hate the parking brake. It's just a button down where they put the parking brake release on cars that have a foot pedal to engage the brake. It was awkward to engage the brake and kind of weird to release it. I much prefer the handle that you pull up with your right hand as in my other two Ford cars. But I don't like keyless ignition either with the push button start/stop, and there is no choice there either. I'll learn to live with these "new" features that somebody has decided is better than the old ways of doing things.

The clutch on this one engaged too close to the floor. Don't know if that's something that can be adjusted or not. After using it five or six times I had adapted to it. But when I went to drive my Mustang back home, I then had problems with that clutch. ;)

That's it. Everything else about it I liked.

What I especially liked:

The seat has all manual controls, but it gives you up and down, forward and back, plus lumbar support and backrest angle. It's quick and easy to get it set where it needs to be. I'm 6'1" and had at least another inch more of rear travel. And tons of headroom. A much bigger guy than me would fit in there easily.

I really liked the feel of the steering wheel. It might even be better than the one in my Mustang which I also quite like. And way better than the one in my Escape, which I consider the be a mistake in the design. It feels good in your hands at the 9 and 3 position or the 10 and 2 position.

It can make a U-turn almost as tight as my 2-wheel drive Mustang, and this was the 4-door model. I'm hoping the 2-door can turn even sharper.

Visibility out of the Bronco is great. Those tie-down thingies on the fenders make it real easy to tell where the front corners are at. The rear windows had a dark tint that made it a little hard to see stuff back and to the right, but that was also blocked by the window sticker taking up half of the window.

I drove it for two miles on the freeway and got into 6th gear for a few seconds. Apparently you want to be going faster than 65 mph for 6th. It felt right in 4th gear on regular roads. The shifter felt good to me - easy to find all of the gears.

The windows, at least the front two, have the feature I think every car should have, where you can make it go up or down as much as you want, or push a little further and they go all the way up and down. The Mustang has that, the 2000 VW Beetle we owned years ago had that, but the Escape can only do that for driver window down. The window control buttons are at the front of the center console rather than on the doors. Somehow I was thinking that they did that because you could take the doors off, but then you wouldn't need to raise and lower the windows, would you?

This is it in front of my house. The wife didn't want to go on the test ride.
wJa6Qjd.jpg

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is getting a second mannequin. The deal for him is that he can sell one right now, but ONLY to a current reservation holder and then the res holder loses their original order/reservation. It gets cancelled.
Sponsored