First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My local dealer has a demo outside on a display hill. Saw it today. Seems they added Sq tires and a lift but left off that cost and detail and are showing only the basic window sticker and price of 38k. Popped the persons balloon who was already looking at it when I stopped by. They mentioned to me that this was amazing that this is only 38k. I broke the news to them on what the dealer had done and that it was misleading and what the cost likely was with the upgrades.

Bob Allen Ford

Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading B710FA5D-00DC-4142-80A3-266BAE6D6E7C

Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading 2A13DE39-6029-431B-89FE-1E7582A78A68

Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading 69EFE991-6CCB-46F3-8D3B-97689300E9FD
Sponsored

Last edited:

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Price looks legit to me. Those are the optional 33 inch MTs and beadlock capable wheels and they're listed as optional equipment on the window sticker.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price looks legit to me. Those are the optional 33 inch MTs and beadlock capable wheels and they're listed as optional equipment on the window sticker.
Incorrect. Those are the Sasquatch Wheels

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealers do this everywhere. I’ve seen countless lifted trucks listed online for a certain price, usually the regular sticker price, and if you call them they’ll even tell you the cost of the vehicle is the one shown online, but once you press them on it they’ll admit that there’s an additional 10-20k “unfitting” charge, which is insane because their basic lift and tire combo wouldn’t cost my than 5-6k if done on your own at a 3rd party vendor, but the kicker is that if you pay the dealers insane price then it won’t “void” the warranty. I have even had dealers flat out tell me that the cost is what is shown online, only to drive 30 mins to look at the truck and have them tell me that 50k truck is really 65k. I asked them all why they aren’t upfront in their pricing, and they’ll all give excuses, but most common I’ve seen is that Autotrader “messes” with their prices which is just nonsense.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the shocks yellow? If not, it's a fake. All Sasquatch have HOSS. I've seen a few fake Squatches online now.

The non Sasquatch Broncos don't come with HOSS outside of the Badlands.

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By the location of the 3rd brake light, looks like they may have thrown the wheels on after. Maybe?

Mike

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

definitely squatch shoes on a non squatch rig. wrong flares and the 3rd brake light is pretty low?

They probably had someone upgrade their wheels and threw the takeoff on this BB for a quick and dirty upgrade.

OP
OP
Ylekiot

Ylekiot

Black Diamond
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes they are black shocks, not yellow.

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are the shocks yellow? If not, it's a fake. All Sasquatch have HOSS. I've seen a few fake Squatches online now.

Anybody here enough of a car enthusiast or auto mechanic to know about different suspensions and their quality, to go into detail how good of quality the stock (or non SAS) suspension kit is?

Much ado about HOSS suspension but not everyone is getting saaquatch, so its pretty rare to hear tech breakdowns of the stock Bronco

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

False. HOSS is the generic term for all bronco suspensions. You're thinking of PSDs not HOSS. PSDs are only badlands and squatch. HOSS is everything from Base nonsquatch to WT

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a fake Squatch. Read the window sticker under Optional Equipment Other; lists P255/75R17 AT 32" tires. The Fake Squatch clearly has the 35" Goodyear beadlock capable MT tires and rims with the beauty ring. A 32" tire would not be on the verge of covering the rear brake light as mikedege pointed out.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
False. HOSS is the generic term for all bronco suspensions. You're thinking of PSDs not HOSS. PSDs are only badlands and squatch. HOSS is everything from Base nonsquatch to WT
Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading 1633915658628

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2021-ford-bronco-hoss-suspension-explained/

HOSS, as put out in Fords own marketing material, and reported on widely, is only available on Broncos with Sasquatch and Badlands without.

The lower trims do not come with Bilstein position sensitive shocks, which is what the HOSS actually is.

Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading 1633915806595

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-suspension/#slide-2249320

Non sasquatch and non Badland Broncos comes with black Ford shocks with no remote reservoir and without the top and bottom position sensing gates to work as a hydraulic bump stop.

This has already been covered quite extensively on this very forum.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...numbers-standard-special-and-high-ride.17622/

However - point in your favor. If you look at Outer Banks generic info from Ford:

Ford Bronco Dealer demo misleading 1633916357299

This is why I hate marketing terminology. I wouldn't bet the farm on it either way.. we are still trying to figure out what exactly a "high level instrument cluster" is.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody here enough of a car enthusiast or auto mechanic to know about different suspensions and their quality, to go into detail how good of quality the stock (or non SAS) suspension kit is?

Much ado about HOSS suspension but not everyone is getting saaquatch, so its pretty rare to hear tech breakdowns of the stock Bronco
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...numbers-standard-special-and-high-ride.17622/

This is where I get all my info from. Was a popular subject on the forums for a bit before people starting taking deliveries.

All of the suspension set ups are pretty good off-road. The HOSS/Bilstein is just going to be better at speed due to the additional features.

There is a video from a day or two ago if you search for it from an engineer going over the full Bronco suspension. Really good.
Sponsored