Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$5k over is very reasonable. Especially for a Bronco. Congrats on the car. I love that more are getting on the road!
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations. Glad you have it.

Just FYI, some of us are lucky and got ours last year for invoice price...

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color was the window sticker? A green sticker indicates a special-order for a customer.

I am okay with what you and the dealer both did - all for it even - so long as the dealer didn't pull a fast one on a customer who ordered it and was blasted with a surprise ADM at the point of sale. That doesn't have anything to do with you other than that the existence of a market for marked-up Broncos can lead some dealers to filch them.

Your Bronco looks great. Race Red is definitely one of my favorite colors, and your specs have a lot of great features.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Race Red is the best Bronco color. I only wish I could get my wife to agree. :(

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That color does look really nice. Congratulations. How do you like the Adaptive Cruise Control? I keep forgetting to try it out during test drives.
I'm a bit let down by the adaptive cruise control. Before I got my Bronco there was only videos about ACC for the Bronco Sport and other Ford vehicles. I thought it would be in par with those but it is not. The lane keeping (not centering) kinda just bounces you back. Doesn't really do much to be honest. The most disappointing thing and kinda dangerous if not known, is it doesn't bring you to a stop like other Ford vehicles. Once you slow down to about 15 mph, it just suspends itself. So make sure you continue to brake yourself or you will run into the back of a car.
It is pretty good at keeping distance between the vehicles infront of you but if a car changes lanes in that distance, the bronco is a bit dramatic and will slow down a bit more aggressive than I think it should. I guess better safe than sorry.

In short, keep your expectations low about the ACC feature.

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit let down by the adaptive cruise control. Before I got my Bronco there was only videos about ACC for the Bronco Sport and other Ford vehicles. I thought it would be in par with those but it is not. The lane keeping (not centering) kinda just bounces you back. Doesn't really do much to be honest. The most disappointing thing and kinda dangerous if not known, is it doesn't bring you to a stop like other Ford vehicles. Once you slow down to about 15 mph, it just suspends itself. So make sure you continue to brake yourself or you will run into the back of a car.
It is pretty good at keeping distance between the vehicles infront of you but if a car changes lanes in that distance, the bronco is a bit dramatic and will slow down a bit more aggressive than I think it should. I guess better safe than sorry.

Welp glad I went with the high package. The only thing I wanted from the lux was the heated steering wheel. Annoys me that you have to get the highest package to get it. My 20 GMC Sierra Elevation, one step up from base, came with a heated steering wheel. Makes no sense for it to be THAT premium.

Anyways, congrats to OP on the new ride. Looks great.

I do wonder how many of the dealer available broncos are from order holders getting screwed. If not, why are so many people ordering them just to turn them down when they get there?

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very nice, I'm glad for you. I know if I found my exact build, at 5k over, I'd be really tempted to drive it home... That's just the impatient side of me

OP
OP

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What color was the window sticker? A green sticker indicates a special-order for a customer.

I am okay with what you and the dealer both did - all for it even - so long as the dealer didn't pull a fast one on a customer who ordered it and was blasted with a surprise ADM at the point of sale. That doesn't have anything to do with you other than that the existence of a market for marked-up Broncos can lead some dealers to filch them.

Your Bronco looks great. Race Red is definitely one of my favorite colors, and your specs have a lot of great features.
The window sticker was green and indicated it was a special order.

I don’t know if the dealer tried to pull a ADM on the original guy that ordered it, but that wasn’t the impression I got. I asked about it, and the sales person said something along the lines of, “People have to wait a long time for their Broncos, and a lot can change during that time. A lot of people aren’t in the same financial or life situations as they were when they placed the order”. Now of course he could have been full of it, but I think that makes sense. Lots can happen in a year or two that can have someone no longer in the market for an expensive car (new baby on the way, job change, engagement/divorce, etc.)

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find the ACC to be great when traffic is at a nearly-even flow like what you sometimes find on the GSP. It doesn't work well with lane-switchers for the reason you mention; even at the 1-bar distance setting, it still tries to maintain quite a lot of separation.

My biggest gripe with it is that it doesn't let me know when it's slowing down. So if I'm cruising along and the car ahead slows down, I might end up slowing down by 5-10 mph before I realize what it's doing. I wish it had an alert sound so that I could simply change lanes and keep going.

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good for you! I’ve been all over the US looking from Georgia to Michigan but the ADM is so high I could buy a Mercedes or BMW or both. Thought I had one in Michigan last night but today was told it’s sold. Aga, congratulations on your find.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CONGRATS!!! Sharp rig!

Kinda crazy that we think 5k over sticker is reasonable these days!
2-3-5 years ago on about any car, it would have been 2K UNDER ... INVOICE!!! LOL
Sponsored