Sponsored

Got my Oracles and they came out sweet with the scratch cards.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These bad boys took 3hrs sold to put in. I removed the bumper to make it easy since the guards are stuck on.
Pretty simple and straightforward as the video instructions show. I did add a zip tie and a foam block over the resistors as the clips are a bit hokey.

Shout out to Oracle Lighting

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN4QT8VK?ref_=pe_386300_442618370_TE_sc_as_ri_0

They are 2x brighter then the original and have more surface area of illumination even though the lens size is much smaller.

I think with the scratch guards they fill in real nice.
The rear lights were added on during the same install.

One thing to point out is how thin a$$ is the steel frame…. I mean come on Ford is 1.5 sigma that profitable. No wonder these frames are toast when rear ended.

Ps there is. 10mm bolt on top that you can undo and adjust or slide the top trim piece for ideal alignment and even gap clearance that is not in any instructions.

IMG_6451.jpeg

IMG_6452.jpeg

IMG_6454.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

IMG_6466.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

IMG_6475.jpeg

IMG_6461.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One thing to point out is how thin a$$ is the steel frame…. I mean come on Ford is 1.5 sigma that profitable. No wonder these frames are toast when rear ended.

I think you can than the modern "crush zone" requirements for that frame thickness. Not Fords choice... it is a requirement.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you can than the modern "crush zone" requirements for that frame thickness. Not Fords choice... it is a requirement.
Not necessarily… that thin wall thickness runs all the way down the frame and is not local to the crush zone. And totaling the frame just to appease safety features does not negate the fact that it could be designed better.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not necessarily… that thin wall thickness runs all the way down the frame and is not local to the crush zone. And totaling the frame just to appease and safety feature does not negate the fact that it could be designed better.
Not disagreeing with what you are saying.... But I do believe the impetus of the "crush zone" regulation is what drove the design, that and the litigation that would result when put to the test and you had significant field failures relative to crush zones. I think our litigious society plays a major roll in design these days.

I can not prove tit but it is a working theory that I think has legs.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's the first I've seen the trail armor on a Bronco and I thought it looked good.

Flush fit lights are looking great !

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not disagreeing with what you are saying.... But I do believe the impetus of the "crush zone" regulation is what drove the design, that and the litigation that would result when put to the test and you had significant field failures relative to crush zones. I think our litigious society plays a major roll in design these days.

I can not prove tit but it is a working theory that I think has legs.
I can see the cross bar being thin as it is and easily cut and replaced after and acci
That's the first I've seen the trail armor on a Bronco and I thought it looked good.

Flush fit lights are looking great !
Thanks they came out better then I expected

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Side by Side

IMG_6456.jpeg

And yes that porcupine got me at least once 🤕😂

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These bad boys took 3hrs sold to put in. I removed the bumper to make it easy since the guards are stuck on.
Pretty simple and straightforward as the video instructions show. I did add a zip tie and a foam block over the resistors as the clips are a bit hokey.

They are 2x brighter then the original and have more surface area of illumination even though the lens size is much smaller.

Ps there is. 10mm bolt on top that you can undo and adjust or slide the top trim piece for ideal alignment and even gap clearance that is not in any instructions.

Ford Bronco Got my Oracles and they came out sweet with the scratch cards. IMG_6456

Ford Bronco Got my Oracles and they came out sweet with the scratch cards. IMG_6456

looks great! I ordered the tinted ones. can we see a pic of the guards from farther back please?

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks great! I ordered the tinted ones. can we see a pic of the guards from farther back please?
Actually have one let me know if you want a further one but it will be tomorrow.

Last edited:

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thanks! looks awesome! yea maybe a better side view from afar thanx again

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting….need more pics

ORACLE Terry

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wow!! Your Bronco looks great. That armor looks good too.

Thanks for a solid review and tips.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav