Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@FrankFrankFrank -
Nice video comparison, lol!
Was the metal built course at all exciting or just a slow climb. twist & turn so to speak?

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was slow.

It starts with a few kinda long marketing presentations, although the historic Broncos on hand were beautiful.

There is sand to demonstrate trail turn assist

the track has Broncos and Bronco Sports on it, so you then go through 18 inches of water. Nice demo of the 360 camera function here

then an obstacle for just the drivers side wheels. We asked him to show the pitch and roll meter and the roll was 22 degrees (that may have been after the peak)

the best is going over staggered bumps. They stop on the last stage when the driver side rear tire is in the air and hit the sway bar release. The Bronco then articulated quite a bit more

the final is a 38 degree incline, both ascending and defending. 3 degrees steeper than the Jeep display

the Broncos are beautiful and comfortable. We were in a Badlands non-Sasquatch soft top

We all liked Area 51 the best. Cactus grey is an enigma

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there were 5 things that stood out to me the most.

1. 100% certain that my Cyber Orange (schoolbus yellow) was the right choice. The Race Red Wildtrack was beautiful. I had expected Rapid to look better than Race, but I changed my mind live.
  2. The Filson rig was pretty amazing. I could look at that all day.
  3. The ride wasn't as smooth over bumps as some people have shared on here, to me. The Bronco is awesome, but it didn't feel much different to me than my Rubicon. But, it was a short short ride so that's not saying much. The Trail Turn Assist and the descent control were neat.
  4. I know others have said it on B6G, but I figured they were exaggerating a bit. But after holding the grab handle in the center I was surprised how "not sturdy" it was. It didn't feel all that strong to me. Not saying I could break it, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if someone pulled up on it several times to get in, that it wouldn't bend, warp or maybe break.
  5. It really does look so much better in person. Cameras on the phone, regardless of angle, didn't catch what my eyes were seeing. Something gets pulled in some direction or another.

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think there were 5 things that stood out to me the most.

1. 100% certain that my Cyber Orange (schoolbus yellow) was the right choice. The Race Red Wildtrack was beautiful. I had expected Rapid to look better than Race, but I changed my mind live.
  2. The Filson rig was pretty amazing. I could look at that all day.
  3. The ride wasn't as smooth over bumps as some people have shared on here, to me. The Bronco is awesome, but it didn't feel much different to me than my Rubicon. But, it was a short short ride so that's not saying much. The Trail Turn Assist and the descent control were neat.
  4. I know others have said it on B6G, but I figured they were exaggerating a bit. But after holding the grab handle in the center I was surprised how "not sturdy" it was. It didn't feel all that strong to me. Not saying I could break it, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if someone pulled up on it several times to get in, that it wouldn't bend, warp or maybe break.
  5. It really does look so much better in person. Cameras on the phone, regardless of angle, didn't catch what my eyes were seeing. Something gets pulled in some direction or another.
I agree on the bumps. My comparison is a JTW. I was surprised at what came through the suspension but I suspect the steering wheel was easier to keep under control the a JTW.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! Chicago is more of a post-apocalyptic place than I thought it was. 😲

Ford Bronco Got our first ride in a Bronco at the Chicago Auto Show E4E32255-CF02-40D4-9217-CE55346FB913

😁

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you get actual videos of you in a Bronco or is this bait and switch?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have tons of videos from CAS, but i can assure you i wasn’t there…just sayin

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few pics from today…

2290AC56-CB7F-4390-B072-ABA5CD020055.jpeg

AC6557FA-D826-4B58-B830-7E6FAA1BAB33.jpeg

871AB823-BB06-4390-8CC1-9BC8D67A104F.jpeg

99373C43-45A5-4083-8F7F-97AD05747068.jpeg

95A208C0-4DB9-4926-9FB7-628AD6B2B148.jpeg

EA337865-C27E-4FB7-941E-C93F792FE2E7.jpeg

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you get actual videos of you in a Bronco or is this bait and switch?
They said they’d video us so we didn’t. They then took two shots of us and photoshopped us into the post-apocalyptic Chicago bit. So if you go, keep your video running

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs