Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want the wheels from it. Which means I've gotta figure out tires and spare relocation and whether to lift or not. Non squat her BL.
Sponsored

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If switching means getting a Bronco sooner... May make sense to get it at MSRP (ensure that with dealer), then when and IFFFFFFFFF Ford gets their 💩 together, trade in...

Ford Bronco Bronco Everglades Reveal at Chicago Auto Show + Q&A + Walkaround Videos tenor

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Even if I was considering this model, those fender graphics would be a showstopper. Maybe folks will love them, I dunno.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When can it be ordered?

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those of you who keep bashing the 2.3L know not of which you speak. I have a Badlands with the 2.3 and its a pretty kick ass powerplant. It also hasn’t had any issues with blown engines or dropped valves. Think about it, it’s still only a roughly 40 HP difference between it and the V6, and a comparable difference in torque. But it’s not like the 2.3L is a slouch; it’s a pretty sweet and reliable engine. Just saying…..
Not to mention 30% to 50% less crap to go wrong with the 4 cyl, vs 6 cyl.

Sponsored

BadazzBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way to go, FORD! Releasing TWO new Bronco variants in the span of a couple of months? Awesome work!

Now, how about that Badlands I ordered one year ago today? I have not heard one single word from you, any chance of that regular model actually being built? Anything?

Staying super pumped to hear about the Heritage model! /s
THIS👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽 IS EVERYTHING

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of you who keep bashing the 2.3L know not of which you speak. I have a Badlands with the 2.3 and its a pretty kick ass powerplant. It also hasn’t had any issues with blown engines or dropped valves. Think about it, it’s still only a roughly 40 HP difference between it and the V6, and a comparable difference in torque. But it’s not like the 2.3L is a slouch; it’s a pretty sweet and reliable engine. Just saying…..
Shhhh, don’t tell everyone. Seriously, I’m very pleased with my 2.3MT as well. And I prefer the inline vs. V engine. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the more sought after power plant in the used market eventually. Time will tell.
The Everglades edition is cool. But I hate the graphics. I don’t really have a need for the snorkel. And once I find a suitable winch solution for my Badlands Lux, I much prefer what I’ve got.

Last edited:

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Everglades edition is a fine edition to the Bronco lineup. It especially looks right with the Eruption Green paint! My questions:
1- Does anyone know if those wheels are actual steelies or are they aluminum "steelie-style" wheels?
2- How come there's no 2-door?
3- Does it have a front sway bar disconnect like on the Badlands? I haven't heard anything about if it has one or not.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting in the video he mentions 3.0 engine and this 2.3, but not 2.7...?

Are they shying away from the 2.7 altogether???

tenor.gif

Watch it be removed for 2023 and up...

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Q&A

So here are some questions asked by Laura of Bronco Nation and answered by Esteban, the Bronco brand manager, off camera at the Chicago Auto Show.
  • Everglades DOES have signature headlights/led taillights
  • Fenders are NOT the same -- exclusive to the trim. Flares won't be compatible either, of course.
  • Order holders that are unscheduled can get this Make sure you 99 your order. If you have a reservation, convert to an order and 99 it ASAP.
  • Aux switches are standard.
  • Graphics can NOT be optioned out of.
  • Looking at the same delivery timing as Bronco Raptor -- summer 2022.

Intro / Unveiling Video

Walkaround Videos

Thanks for the great thread!

One small point of note will be the "exclusive" (read: as plaid out as you can get in the off reading community) tan paint color timing. Sorry, I meant super cool totally not just off-white desert operations military attack paint.

As it is the same color that the last SPLASH Ranger (Desert Sand SPLASH, oh the irony) will be getting in "fall 2022" (only timeframe given by Ford), one would assume that if Tan is the paint color for you, it will likely be commodity constrained until the also-limited-edition SPLASH Ranger hits the paint booth at MAP.

But we shall see if that ends up being a constraint..... Or sandy eggs splashed on my face.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I understand is this version only allows for +3 inches in water fording capability though. Is that a lot? My M151A2 military Jeep, from 1979, with its accessory snorkel kit allowed it to literally "swim" to the depth of the top of the snorkel. So for that feature, on this trim package, I'm not overly impressed. I admit... I never "swam" mine, but there are impressive online videos.

I swam my:
M38a1
M715 (it was a resto mod)
And m35a2

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shhhh, don’t tell everyone. Seriously, I’m very pleased with my 2.3MT as well. And I prefer the inline vs. V engine. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the more sought after power plant in the used market eventually. Time will tell.
The Everglades edition is cool. But I hate the graphics. I don’t really have a need for the snorkel. And once I find a suitable winch solution for my Badlands Lux, I much prefer what I’ve got.
2.3 with the manual is a beast. I just prefer auto for a daily driver. If I was buying the truck for weekends only, 2.3MT is the way to go.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everybody complaining about the 2.3, do you think maybe there's a reason that Ford just announced 2 special edition Broncos and NIETHER of them are available with the 2.7? Perhaps even Ford has lost faith in the 2.7

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the wheels, flares and the interior colors. The side graphics dumb, but probably can be removed. I question the size of market for the snorkel/ water fording. Whatever design engineering that was spent on this could have been spent making Sasquatch more robust: a stronger front end and higher weight capacity.
Sponsored