Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was laughing out loud about ford licking their chops. You're probably right.

Where I'm at is gambling the $2500 to get past the spring for what I really want. If by the summer we aren't seeing hardly any movement I'll consider cutting my losses and trying to get built by the end of the year. There are lots of anecdotes about updating to a buildable order and being scheduled the very next week.

I'm a coin flip on the March 7 decision, but told Samantha I was going for the build I want. Just in case it matters I dropped towing. She said it could still help to not have it on the build especially if it becomes constrained again which is possible.
My challenge is that after Granger gets their 300ish allocations next month that may be it for them, at least for MY23 and maybe for MY24.
Sponsored

igotnoclevername

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia; Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My challenge is that after Granger gets their 300ish allocations next month that may be it for them, at least for MY23 and maybe for MY24.
I agree with this line of thought. Granger getting nothing for the rest of the year would surprise me about 0%.

BRON23

Wildtrak
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the updates Zach. I was “lucky” enough to get scheduled as I wasn’t willing to make changes after waiting this long. The week of April 3 can’t come quick enough!!!
I wish my dealer in Redlands, CA would offer info like your dealership. I have not clue on orders etc since they won't communicate after repeated questions. I just hate my dealer in Redlands, CA they just bit with customer service like Renee, sales person & chris rivas the manager.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In a more rational world, Granger would be rewarded for earning those reservations. I hope they don't hit their allocation limit for 2023 after all reservations are filled (if they are), but I agree, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have to think that logging that many sales in 2023 would set them up for more allocations for 2024 (which, after all, was the whole point of offering aggressive deals). Let's see what Ford does with the 2024 allocation formula. They've changed it before, in questionable ways, they could do it again. I know I'll be watching.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, that's a concern. I'm in the low #100s as far as I can tell, but that seems to not matter much these days - if it ever did.

Hopefully with my Oct 1 2020 reservation, a BD, Hardtop, Sas, Mid is able to be scheduled in 2023.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, that's a concern. I'm in the low #100s as far as I can tell, but that seems to not matter much these days - if it ever did.

Hopefully with my Oct 1 2020 reservation, a BD, Hardtop, Sas, Mid is able to be scheduled in 2023.
110 for me on the last list ... Oct 1 a bit after midnight 😀

OBX Adv 4-door, MIC, Lux

Last edited:

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In a more rational world, Granger would be rewarded for earning those reservations. I hope they don't hit their allocation limit for 2023 after all reservations are filled (if they are), but I agree, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have to think that logging that many sales in 2023 would set them up for more allocations for 2024 (which, after all, was the whole point of offering aggressive deals). Let's see what Ford does with the 2024 allocation formula. They've changed it before, in questionable ways, they could do it again. I know I'll be watching.
I agree completely.

However, @Ford Motor Company said that for dealers with more orders then allocations that they would be borrowing against future allocations. 🤷‍♂️

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Which is possibly a blessing in disguise. Maybe they don’t want to deal with this shit show anymore, I know that I wouldn’t want to.

After everything that Granger has done through the past three years to positively portray the Ford brand, doing so infinitely better than Ford has themselves, and to get rewarded by getting zero future allocations of one of their most popular vehicles would be such a slap in the face that I would just fucking walk away from Ford if I were them.

Last edited:

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm operating under the assumption that it's 300ish and then done for the year but that makes it easier to plan. Either I get scheduled soon or not at all and can move on from Ford for good. This beats dripping out 30/month for the rest of the year where you hold out false hope only to still end up burned.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this reason seems counter-intuitive but I think the fact that we have seen no scheduling for 2 weeks and even Zach is guessing that we won't see any until the doomsday date passes shows that FORD is licking its chops to fuck over the rez holder one last final time.
Ford just spent two weeks scheduling just about ever manual transmission they could, and Zach reported that 100% of Granger's 7MT orders had been scheduled.

Ford just recalled just about every 10-speed auto built for the last 3 months (Bronco, Mustang, Exploder, F-150).

I suspect the delay in scheduling is actually tied to the "loose screw in the tranny" issue, and QC wanting to make sure that the new transmissions are good rather than extend a recall or issue a stop ship for more product.

Now, FoMoCo screwing over Granger is simply par for the course at this point.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger The Stephen's Auto Group is previewing 88 builds today. How many are we showing this week?
Looks like 88/92 are previewing for Stephen's so ~95%. Should we get our hopes up or will Lucy Ford pull the football again at the last second?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford just recalled just about every 10-speed auto built for the last 3 months (Bronco, Mustang, Exploder, F-150).
That is completely false. It is 944 total across all model lines and only 195 Broncos out of all of them made during that period.

reman1266

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford.com down? Not able to sign in to see my order. “Something’s not quite right” message. Is anyone seeing this? What does it mean? Maybe just the site is down. Hoping they didn’t cancel my order🙁
Sponsored