First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.

He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

IMG_9961.jpeg
Condolences
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think Albert and I must have liked the same vehicles because he and I were often on the Bronco and Maverick forums. When I wandered on to this site in September 2020 I knew nothing specific about Broncos other than I wanted one. Albert's posts were a great source of information and he also taught me that there were good dealers and good dealerships out there. I also thought of him as a bit of a rebel because other dealers would go on the forum and tell us Granger would be shut down and Ford was against this whole scheme. Although I am not getting my Bronco from Granger I loved following the story of Granger beating everyone's deals and the drama of whether they could pull it off. I remember one exciting moment when we all thought Ford must have come up with the new allocation formula to somehow get back at Granger and I cheered when Granger's response was $2000.00 off invoice for October. Granger was going to win this thing!

I would like to share my post I wrote in 2020 as I celebrated Granger's panache. (and I was honored to get an actual "like" from Albert.)

Shoeless Joe Jackson
"Is this heaven?"

Ray Kinsella
"No, it's Iowa"

Field of Dreams

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rest In Peace Albert, you gave so much to those of us here with relentless questions and were such a key source of information early on after the release

so helpful even to those of us who weren’t customers

condolences to the family

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RIP Albert, we all morn the loss of a valued forum member that added more to all you guys with the deal that Granger provided. He seemed like he was full filling a self enjoyment on getting you guys a good deal.
I read and liked everything he had to say and he seemed like a genuine Bronco enthusiast. I will own and drive my bronco in honor of his name.

Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shocked. What a wonderful gentleman. I was really looking forward to meeting him - I guess that day will have to wait a while. My condolences to family and friends. Heartbroken here in SoCal.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for noticing us…

[snip]

Out of the shadows of my B345T moniker, and at the same time making the content stand up to more scrutiny...
🤘 Godspeed, my friend. 🤘

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Passing of Albert Schmitz 3240D741-FCD4-4BC1-81EA-F606088D8427

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Albert will leave a lasting legacy and be part of the Bronco story for years to come. Ford should celebrate him as the example for sales professionals to emulate.

Zach and the Granger team - my condolences on the loss of your friend and co-worker,

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.

He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Passing of Albert Schmitz 3240D741-FCD4-4BC1-81EA-F606088D8427
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way.

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rest in Peace my friend. Even though I have since transferred my reservation to a dealer more local, your breath of knowledge on all things automotive guided me through the first six months of this bronco journey. I have thought of you often always hoping you were doing well. I am truly saddened by this news.

What an amazing man. How did he have so much time for so many of us?

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gosh I’m terribly sorry to hear about this news. Like others have said, Albert was such a pleasure to message back and forth with and was such a good help on the new Bronco process. He was the sole reason I was looking forward to traveling all the way to Iowa from Texas for the Bronco.

Even though my reservation for the Bronco was cancelled months ago, I still think of Albert and Granger Ford every time I read or see anything about the truck.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and the Granger Ford team.