David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What if I never really use the top because I don't want to be a mall hopper that only goes to Chick-fil-a, orders nuggets with the polynesian sauce, sweet tea and waffle fries, then jumps the curb and goes up to the top of the berm next to the parking lot thinking it is some kind of Lion King Pride Rock?

What if I just want to go to the middle of nowhere with no roof at all? Then I would really care about the color, would I?
Report! I’m in this post and I don’t like it.

On topic: I’ll be waiting for the aftermarket or Ford to release a 2 door soft top and the hard top will take its place behind my shop.
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buying a brand new car is pretty "privileged " don't you think
A lot of folks worked long and hard to get the cash to buy the new Bronco.
Privileged? No. They earned it.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. I agree that a slightly used car is a way better financial decision than a brand new one. My 2016 Manual Transmission Convertible Mustang was less than 1 year old with 6,500 miles on it, I got it for $23.5K (about $9K off the sticker price). That car is now worth about $17K. 4 Years of depreciation only amounted to about $6,500, which is fantastic. Except...
2. I think getting a base manual transmission Bronco in year 1 (~$32K with shipping a couple of options), will not depreciate as much as other Broncos. Why? Because it is already underpriced. There will be a large market for these at $22K in about 5 years/60K, starting with the fact that 54.3% high school kids will want one in 2025. $55K Broncos will be harder to sell in a few years. The relative value of the options/trim goes down as years go on.
3. If you delaying your order (because you are fretting about getting a grey top v. color matching for your Chick-Fil-A Runs) allows me to move up the list, fine by me. I am not going to use that top much any way. I doubt that $30K entry level price will hold in 2022 MY and I will have an extra 6 month of enjoyment in my Bronco.
Sponsored