Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let's Go Pens!

Much of my family lives in the Boston area and are insufferable Bruins fans.

Friend of mine just got into Hockey down here, became a Pens fan the night before they were knocked out of the playoffs. I had a lot of fun with him on Facebook :) We'll just blame him for the Pens' loss. lol.

/john

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m a little confuse you may have to explain What you mean ?

We'll be releasing our plan for offering advantages to customers to set us as their dealer for receiving the Bronco on Tuesday of next week, everything should be explained then, if not, I'll find the answers for everyone.

/john

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let's Go Pens!

Much of my family lives in the Boston area and are insufferable Bruins fans.
Wait what? Way to rub salt into the wounds of Penguins fans out there.. (myself included).

Right now I just wanna see the Bruins get bounced (yes, the last time I made it out for a Playoff game the Bruins spanked the Pens bad, it still stings) and most importantly need the Flyers bounced.. everyone knows the hatred there!!!

Now back to your regular programming

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good info... I saw this too:

• Avoid pushing the engine up to redline.
  • Be particularly careful if it's a high-performance car.
  • Don't floor the gas pedal.
  • If it's a manual transmission, shift gears before it redlines.
  • Don't use cruise control. It's important for the engine to go through different RPMs.
  • If possible, avoid short trips that don't allow the car's engine to warm up to normal operating temperature.
  • Avoid towing as it can put a heavy load on the engine, and because the car's brakes and tires require increased stopping distance (see Now That's Interesting).
It doesn't sound like highway driving would break any of those rules in either case, as long as you don't push it at all.
In the Granger list ... what does "avoid driving too fast" mean anyway? 50, 60, 70 mph?

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait what? Way to rub salt into the wounds of Penguins fans out there.. (myself included).

Right now I just wanna see the Bruins get bounced (yes, the last time I made it out for a Playoff game the Bruins spanked the Pens bad, it still stings) and most importantly need the Flyers bounced.. everyone knows the hatred there!!!

Now back to your regular programming
Flyers AND Caps bounced, along with Bruins.

My best friend is from Denver. I'm okay rooting for the Av's now.

The one thing I'm more passionate about than the Bronco: hockey.

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
9 hours from West Virginia and 9 hours from Iowa.......

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Credit goes to Granger. They took a strong and bold position out of the gate. Their communication and proactive approach has been flawless. They have not responded to others, they already had thought through what questions needed to be answered before they were asked.

I give credit to the original that took a risk and I am sure has caught some heat from other dealers. I get if the travel distance is completely lopsided but I still believes Granger has earned our business.

This feels like those ads that say bring in a competitor’s ad and we will match the price. If they really wanted me business, price it that way from the beginning.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. The original is almost always better than the sequel.

I don’t know the OP or his dealership. I am sure they are a fine operation. Just my reaction to this post. Dance with the girl that you brought you to the dance.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

East of the Mississippi and the Heartland have alternative business model options now with Granger and StephensAutoCenter, among others.

What dealership from west of the Rockies wants to opt for the volume?

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Granger list ... what does "avoid driving too fast" mean anyway? 50, 60, 70 mph?
if you're bouncing off the rev limiter, you're driving too fast!

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Credit goes to Granger. They took a strong and bold position out of the gate. Their communication and proactive approach has been flawless. They have not responded to others, they already had thought through what questions needed to be answered before they were asked.

I give credit to the original that took a risk and I am sure has caught some heat from other dealers. I get if the travel distance is completely lopsided but I still believes Granger has earned our business.

This feels like those ads that say bring in a competitor’s ad and we will match the price. If they really wanted me business, price it that way from the beginning.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. The original is almost always better than the sequel.

I don’t know the OP or his dealership. I am sure they are a fine operation. Just my reaction to this post. Dance with the girl that you brought you to the dance.

We give props to Granger for coming out with an awesome idea, our take on it is, being near the eastern seaboard in the Mid-Atlantic area, we can offer less distance for travel, especially to those that want to drive their new ride back home.

/john

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We give props to Granger for coming out with an awesome idea, our take on it is, being near the eastern seaboard in the Mid-Atlantic area, we can offer less distance for travel, especially to those that want to drive their new ride back home.

/john
Yeah, no way I was going all the way to Granger...and this offers a much better option for me. Dealers compete in the market...one dealer offering a deal at one point doesn’t preclude others from beating it. Being closer would beat it from one perspective.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

/john
A ton of Broncos are getting sold off the intel gained off this page. While I understand and respect people's position, for my part a comparable deal saves 11 hours of driving or plane flights, hotel and other costs in time and money. While I'm grateful to Sam and Granger, dollars and cents will be the deciding factor for many.

Last edited:

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree with your sentiment, but I think these two dealerships are serving different geographical locations. There is only so far you can be away from the dealer before any savings is nullified with travel/shipping expenses.

There will be some overlap. I'm 650 miles from Granger and 200 from Stephens. Both are doable, but which is better? I have no clue yet. I imagine the overlap region is quite small in the number of forum members and will not affect the bottom line of either dealership.

In the end, it's a win-win for both dealers and us... well except those like me who have to actually chose one of these dealers over the other (I expect DM's from Albert and John trying to woe me :p )
Sponsored