First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi folks - I find I really can't use the hands-free phone when I'm driving, I get complaints from callers that I'm either very loud, there's a constant "wooshing" sound, or the in-cabin wind noise gets picked up by the mic so it turns off the speaker and I can't hear callers speaking to me. Has anyone figured out a way around this - short of pulling over to the side of the road and stopping moving?
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the top is off or open, not really much you an do. I have no issues with mine otherwise.

OP
OP
Toonces

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the top is off or open, not really much you an do. I have no issues with mine otherwise.
Nope, my (hard)top and windows are closed.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, my (hard)top and windows are closed.
No issues with that. Why is yours so noisy? I don't even have the insulation or carpeted floor and can hear just fine. Top open is another story.

OP
OP
Toonces

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No issues with that. Why is yours so noisy? I don't even have the insulation or carpeted floor and can hear just fine. Top open is another story.
It's really not - I have no issues with wind noise in the cabin, it just seems like the mic is extra sensitive or something.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fordā€™s hands-free in the Bronco is garbage, top on, top off, doesnā€™t matter. I just use my Bluetooth earpiece.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No issues in mine, either. Sounds about as good as it did in my '18 Escape.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It works well for me, and has in the last three Fords and Lincolns as well.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Replaced my hardtop with a Trektop and problem went away. My hardtop had crazy wind noise from the seals.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 modā€™d Flex, ā€˜14 bmw i3, ā€˜93 modā€™d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi folks - I find I really can't use the hands-free phone when I'm driving, I get complaints from callers that I'm either very loud, there's a constant "wooshing" sound, or the in-cabin wind noise gets picked up by the mic so it turns off the speaker and I can't hear callers speaking to me. Has anyone figured out a way around this - short of pulling over to the side of the road and stopping moving?
If you have a soft-top you can very effectively cut down on road and wind noise from the top by installing a Bimini and then putting sound insulation on top of the Bimini before you close the top. I use a sound-insulation curtain-thing I purchased from Amazon that works remarkably well, and it only takes me a minute to toss it up there. (The studio curtain is not made for the bronco). One drawback is that the sound curtain makes the Bimini sag a bit, sometimes sufficiently to touch the top of a 6ā€™+ tall passenger sitting in the back seat (I have a 4-door). I decided to remedy this with overhead molle panels which are due to arrive tomorrow (Also purchased for the bronco from Amazon). Bonus: iā€™ll be able to carry fishing rods by Mounting them on the molle panels :)
Sponsored