Sponsored

Hard top still a constraint as of 6/2023?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m thinking of switching to a dual top option on my 4 dr order. Right now it sits as a softie. With the stupid high prices for used and aftermarket tops it just makes sense to get it up front.

My ‘you know who’ said he wasn’t sure it’s a constraint for a hard top anymore, but for sure the tow package I have is going to stall things.

Anyone in the know have some wisdom to share on 4dr hard tops?
Sponsored

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too ordered the dual tops. Order date 3/27, Priority Code 2. It'll be worth the wait.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that Ford could outfit the hardtops on 66% of 4 door orders, but they're getting 88% of the orders with hardtops. So I see this as a constraint.

If I am incorrect here, I am sure to be corrected :)

4 door cactus gray, BL (non sas) LUX , 2.3l, leather, 10-speed auto, dual tops

Last edited:
OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too ordered the dual tops. Order date 3/27, Priority Code 2. It'll be worth the wait.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that Ford could outfit the hardtops on 66% of 4 door orders, but they're getting 88% of the orders with hardtops. So I see this as a constraint.

If I am incorrect here, I am sure to be corrected :)

4 door cactus gray, BL (non sas) LUX , 2.3l, leather, 10-speed auto, dual tops
I ordered on 3/27 as well. I went with a 4dr BB SAS,2.3,auto, mid, mod bumper, aux switches and soft top.

The SAS package seems to be a concern already so I suppose I’m already causing a delay with that. Dual tops may not be horribly bad.

I wish for the dual tops they could build with soft too and just deliver a hard too down the road. I’d be fine with the soft top for however long it took to get the hard top. It’s the up front cost vs aftermarket cost that is the main reason I’m wanting to do it now and not that I must have a hard top this second.
Sponsored