Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was browsing the F-150 forum (promise I wasn’t cheating!) and read mention of Rapid Red paint being a current constraint. Has anyone else heard of paint color being a possible constraint on Bronco?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would bet the paint is not the constraint, one of the paint matched parts is the problem.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't heard of a specific color being a constraint, but does anybody know how color choice affects scheduling? Do they run only certain colors each day? I'm no paint expert but I can't imagine they are set up to paint all 11 colors every day. It wouldn't really make much sense to have a booth set up for iconic silver every day with less than 5% being silver. I wonder if that might delay some higher demand colors and pull forward some lower demand colors.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where’s the “bare metal” paint option?

That might look kind of cool actually…

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't heard of a specific color being a constraint, but does anybody know how color choice affects scheduling? Do they run only certain colors each day? I'm no paint expert but I can't imagine they are set up to paint all 11 colors every day. It wouldn't really make much sense to have a booth set up for iconic silver every day with less than 5% being silver. I wonder if that might delay some higher demand colors and pull forward some lower demand colors.
I had a friend that sold specialized paint equipment to the auto industry . The new machines can paint and be completely ready for a new color in a matter of minutes.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rapid Red on the Maverick gives you a warning that it's late availability so yes, there's probably a constraint there.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Factories paint every color every day. They try to minimize color changes by lining up multiple units of the same color. Changeover takes seconds, a solvent is run thru the lines/nozzles to purge the old color.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rapid Red on the Maverick gives you a warning that it's late availability so yes, there's probably a constraint there.
Yes it's a constraint because of a fire at the chip factory - the paint chip factory that is. ;)
Sponsored