Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody else told if they delete the paint protection option they will get their vehicle faster? I have a Wild Track 7/15/20 reservation with no build date. Dealer said today if I remove paint protection it should speed it up. Just wondered if anyone else told this and if anyone knows how much faster this gets you ur ride? Dealer does not know.
Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anybody else told if they delete the paint protection option they will get their vehicle faster? I have a Wild Track 7/15/20 reservation with no build date. Dealer said today if I remove paint protection it should speed it up. Just wondered if anyone else told this and if anyone knows how much faster this gets you ur ride? Dealer does not know.
I went over this with my dealer in October, back then I told him it seemed to be the biggest constraint and he agreed. I dropped it and tow, but I have a 2 door lux sas on order. So no bronco yet for me.

Catbird1963

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD and 2012 Audi A5 Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is my understanding that there are currently three constraint items on the Bronco (MIC, PPF and towing). If these are left off your order then you allegedly stand a better chance of getting to production sooner. Keep in mind the current allocation policy. :)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone posted a list of constraints on here yesterday and the % of vehicles being built with each. If I recall correctly because I can't find it, PPF was the lowest or second lowest vehicle build. Something like only 19% of vehicles being built have PPF.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed PPF and got a VIN during the next round of scheduling. No idea if it really made a difference but it was an easy item to do after delivery. Also eliminates one step in the build process. BTW -I kept towing so that didn't block scheduling.

Sponsored

TM WildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a WT as well. Had my dealer delete the PPF off my order in December. The next week I was scheduled for 1/31. I also kept tow.

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 7/14 reservation holder for a 2 door Wildtrak and I have every possible sin on mine, tow, lux, and PPF. I redid my order the exact same way back in October, but the talk about the PPF constraint hit, so I called my dealer and asked to have it rmoved, and that was on a Tuesday, then Thursday came around and I got scheduled. When I checked my build, it was still on there. When I asked my dealer about this, he said he didn't get my new order submitted in time before my Bronco got scheduled. My blend date is this coming Monday the 31st, so I'm not really sure if the PPF is that big of an issue! And Good Luck with your scheduling, may all the early July reservation holders get scheduled according to your time stamp like Ford had promised!

JTom

Big Bend
First Name
Jana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend Area 51!!
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I removed it and was scheduled a couple of weeks later.

drgnspcshp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There was info posted here where Ford had emailed dealers encouraging buyers to drop PPF, MIC top, and trailer tow back in November/December. Email stated 14% of orders had PPF while commodity constraints allowed for only 2% to be built. Trailer tow was at 62% of orders with commodity allowing for only 31% of builds. No specific ordering parameters were offered for MIC top, but buyers at that time were encouraged to switch to soft top.

My situation changed resulting in increased need for my Bronco ASAP. I tweaked my order dropping PPF and tow on 12/13/2021 and my build was pulled for production 12/16/2021. I had a mid-morning 7/14/2020 reservation. My build is a wildtrack so has 2.7, Sasquatch, MIC top, high package, and leather. Iā€™m a firm believer that PPF and trailer tow were the issues associated with my build not being pulled sooner for production.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I removed PPF and left tow when I re-ordered in Oct. Still nothing. OBX, 2.7, Tow, Lux, MIC 7/19/20 res.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just get it done aftermarket, and you will get greater coverage, better product and actually have your vehicle in the first place. For the same price.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added tow, MIC and PPF back on to my build for 2022 when the re-order window opened because I'm away from home for work and in worse conditions so the Bronco would be sitting in my garage with the rest of my fleet on a battery tender and mothballs... I don't drive my nice vehicles in snow, that's what 20 year old 4x4s are for.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If by tow, you mean getting a truck to tow my damn Bronco from the rail yard to the dealership, yeah, thatā€™s a huge constraint.

OP
OP
AC2021

AC2021

Wildtrak
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just get it done aftermarket, and you will get greater coverage, better product and actually have your vehicle in the first place. For the same price.
Thanks!! Yes from what I read thatā€™s the answer! hate I was chasing a tow package, mic top, then paint protectant (I didnā€™t know abt the last one til this month but now I see posts from Summer about it being a sin as well šŸ™ƒ)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!! Yes from what I read thatā€™s the answer! hate I was chasing a tow package, mic top, then paint protectant (I didnā€™t know abt the last one til this month but now I see posts from Summer about it being a sin as well šŸ™ƒ)
I misspoke, as someone mentioned above, the PPF was even more of a constraint than I had previously said. See below.

982765ad-ec56-4c8d-a2ba-831f7943e986-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored