John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I added tow, MIC and PPF back on to my build for 2022 when the re-order window opened because I'm away from home for work and in worse conditions so the Bronco would be sitting in my garage with the rest of my fleet on a battery tender and mothballs... I don't drive my nice vehicles in snow, that's what 20 year old 4x4s are for.
PPF on a garage queen seems like overkill unless the garage is home to a family of raccoons
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PPF on a garage queen seems like overkill unless the garage is home to a family of raccoons
Let those who live in glass houses cast the first stone. I live in the rust belt, I'm not sacrificing my first new purchase to the corrosion gods...

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I removed the PPF last week and previewed for the first time. VIN and scheduled date followed a few days later.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
dealer contacted me today asking if ok to remove ppf from order as they were told it’s a constraint. I approved.

Bronco6Geo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Authority published an article on Feb 16th that says that anyone (except Wildtrak order holders) who has ppf in their order who has yet to get a build week had it automatically removed from their order by Ford on Feb 15th and vehicle pricing has been adjusted accordingly. Ford said 14% of 2022 orders included ppf and Ford only has capacity to fill 2% of all orders with ppf. According to Ford Authority affected customers will receive an email from Ford in the next few weeks. https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/m...ill-not-get-paint-protection-film-at-factory/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yea with only having enough supplies to do 2% of PPF orders, I'd drop it. it will be a long time before you see the bronco if you keep it.

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody else told if they delete the paint protection option they will get their vehicle faster? I have a Wild Track 7/15/20 reservation with no build date. Dealer said today if I remove paint protection it should speed it up. Just wondered if anyone else told this and if anyone knows how much faster this gets you ur ride? Dealer does not know.
My dealer also told me if I dropped paint protection and the tow package I could get mine faster. My dad told me I can get ceramic coating after delivery and it's way better than the paint film so I went ahead and took those off (still have a hard top). Got a build date a couple weeks later and I'm currently in production BUT that could just be pure luck/dealer allocation. If that's your only constraint I would go ahead and drop it and just schedule to get it coated after. Good luck!

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer also told me if I dropped paint protection and the tow package I could get mine faster. My dad told me I can get ceramic coating after delivery and it's way better than the paint film so I went ahead and took those off (still have a hard top). Got a build date a couple weeks later and I'm currently in production BUT that could just be pure luck/dealer allocation. If that's your only constraint I would go ahead and drop it and just schedule to get it coated after. Good luck!
I agree, I did the same thing and I previewed for the first time and was scheduled the following week.
Sponsored