Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed a base 2dr order on 2/15/22 with a manual 2.3l. Seeing as I’m most likely getting pushed to 2023 MY im thinking about upgrading to the 2.7 because why not.

Is it still a known constraint? I’d rather not delay it 3+ months for an engine that isn’t a huge difference, but if it’s not a big difference I may as well.

Also considering waiting until I get a date and then upgrading the engine as I believe that’s one of the options you can still change and (from what I hear) it doesn’t go out of scheduling when you make a change.
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are lots of 2.7's being scheduled, if you look at recent build week spreadsheets. My advice is to wait until you are sure that you are bumped to MY23. No sense in risking anything right now.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are lots of 2.7's being scheduled, if you look at recent build week spreadsheets. My advice is to wait until you are sure that you are bumped to MY23. No sense in risking anything right now.
That’s my plan as of right now, but when I told my dealer that they’re still saying the 2.7l is going to slow it down.

That being said, I feel like this forum is more knowledgable than the average salesperson.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a Base 2-door with 2.7L two weeks before you, and it is being built in 5 days.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i ordered like every constrained option. 2.7, tow, lux, hard top, squatch, lol. i'm being built 10-10

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Base 2-door with 2.7L two weeks before you, and it is being built in 5 days.
Ahh that kills me. I wanted cyber orange so bad and it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen anymore. Congrats on your build, I swear I’m not jealous at all. Not even a little.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get what you want and don't settle just to get it faster. I waited over 2 years for my Bronco. I could have got it faster if I switched engines to the 2.3 or went to a 4 door soft top. But I stuck with the 2.7 and 2 doors. Get your Bronco exactly how you want it. You'll be glad that you did.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t driven the V6 but I haven’t felt the 2.3 really needs more power. I was even towing around 3000 lbs the other day. Pulled it just fine. Plus I was at altitude loaded down with roof top tent and everything needed for a 2 week camping trip, ran great.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahh that kills me. I wanted cyber orange so bad and it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen anymore. Congrats on your build, I swear I’m not jealous at all. Not even a little.
My point is that there's still a chance that you make the MY22 cut. Best of luck to you!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed a base 2dr order on 2/15/22 with a manual 2.3l. Seeing as I’m most likely getting pushed to 2023 MY im thinking about upgrading to the 2.7 because why not.

Is it still a known constraint? I’d rather not delay it 3+ months for an engine that isn’t a huge difference, but if it’s not a big difference I may as well.

Also considering waiting until I get a date and then upgrading the engine as I believe that’s one of the options you can still change and (from what I hear) it doesn’t go out of scheduling when you make a change.
I also noticed you originally ordered a manual. Do you want a manual? If you go 2.7 you only can go with the Automatic. I guess you have to decide do you want the 2.7 more or a manual transmission more? Keep in mind the 2.3 engine is a good engine as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also noticed you originally ordered a manual. Do you want a manual? If you go 2.7 you only can go with the Automatic. I guess you have to decide do you want the 2.7 more or a manual transmission more? Keep in mind the 2.3 engine is a good engine as well.
I’ve driven manuals for the past 10 years, usually in a sports car. Thing is, I’m coming from an M3 with 420+ hp that weighs half as much. It has 100k miles, but the manual is getting tiring as a daily.

All that has me thinking I should go auto with the big engine.

The main downside of the 2.3 I’ve read is the turbo is running harder to keep it going. I live in Florida with tons of highways, so going 75-80 is common. Then there’s a chance I move to LA which is all hills, and a manual would be no fun there. I don’t even want to think about parallel parking on a hill in a manual lol. Probably more detail than needed, but just some insight on why I’m considering it. I’m well aware the 2.3l is absolutely fine for most people, and probably me as well, but I don’t want to doubt my choice later.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was at my dealership this week and looked over my salesman's shoulder as he was attempting to adjust someone else's order and the entire page was 2.7s and was either recently assigned a VIN or being previewed with unscheduled clean in the status, he said it does not look like the 2.7 is much of a constraint at all anymore.
My OBX with Sasquatch, MIC, High and Towing even got scheduled and VIN assigned a few weeks ago so constraints are not as bad as they have been.
That being said he also commented that it was confusing as to why some original reservation holder's orders have not been picked up yet.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was at my dealership this week and looked over my salesman's shoulder as he was attempting to adjust someone else's order and the entire page was 2.7s and was either recently assigned a VIN or being previewed with unscheduled clean in the status, he said it does not look like the 2.7 is much of a constraint at all anymore.
My OBX with Sasquatch, MIC, High and Towing even got scheduled and VIN assigned a few weeks ago so constraints are not as bad as they have been.
That being said he also commented that it was confusing as to why some original reservation holder's orders have not been picked up yet.
Thanks for the insight!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve driven manuals for the past 10 years, usually in a sports car. Thing is, I’m coming from an M3 with 420+ hp that weighs half as much. It has 100k miles, but the manual is getting tiring as a daily.

All that has me thinking I should go auto with the big engine.

The main downside of the 2.3 I’ve read is the turbo is running harder to keep it going. I live in Florida with tons of highways, so going 75-80 is common. Then there’s a chance I move to LA which is all hills, and a manual would be no fun there. I don’t even want to think about parallel parking on a hill in a manual lol. Probably more detail than needed, but just some insight on why I’m considering it. I’m well aware the 2.3l is absolutely fine for most people, and probably me as well, but I don’t want to doubt my choice later.
I get it, the only reason we are replacing our Wrangler with a Bronco is to switch to an automatic. We are done with manuals.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 take rate was always predicted to be pretty high. I'm sure the slowdown associated with investigating the valve issue on that motor piled them up in the interim. They seem to be running a fairly standard take rate on 2.3 vs 2.7 in the three build week charts that my build has bounced around. Don't forget a lot of builds right now are higher-end trims that were waiting on modules for HIgh and Lux packages. Ford pushed a lot of Big Bend, 2.3L, softies through while sorting out some growing pains on the launch. As others said, order what you want. Unless your dealer has some crazy high allocation, the backlog clearing seems to be a high priority in the builds being scheduled right now.
Sponsored