Sponsored

Are the 2.7L and Towing Capability still production constraints?

no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed that on the Ford website under the Bronco Order Holder FAQ’s page, it no longer mentions the 2.7L or Towing Capability under the question about, “What can I do to get my order built sooner?”:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

“As we have previously shared, the Mold in Color (MIC) hardtop also continues to be constrained. To give your order a better chance of being built in 2022 model year, we recommend you switch to a soft top.”

Are the 2.7L and Towing Capability no longer a production constraint to getting your order scheduled?
Sponsored

Falcon01

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R35 GTR, Chevy Bolt, Saab 9-3 Aero 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm pretty sure everything is a constraint at this point. The fact that my 2020 order isn't going to be built until MY 2023 at the earliest should say everything.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved 7/15, 2.7, Mic, tow. My bronco was built last week and is now in transit. The wait sucks but I'm glad I didn't compromise

OP
OP
no Bronco yet

no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did you convert your reservation to an order?

Sponsored

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to Customer Service this morning and without my asking the rep said that Wildtrak and Tow were the biggest constraints right now. I mentioned I had a BL SAS MIC Lux and they did not mention anything else being constrained.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I talked to Customer Service this morning and without my asking the rep said that Wildtrak and Tow were the biggest constraints right now. I mentioned I had a BL SAS MIC Lux and they did not mention anything else being constrained.
So is it the sticker or the gloss paint that is the constraint on the WT?

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on your patience! Hope I can hang in there that long.
It was( technically still waiting on delivery...so IS) a PITA. You can definitely find folks on this forum that went with a soft-top, to get it quicker, but now want a hard top and they can't get their hands on one. Also people that dropped tow but now want the 7 pin connector and it's going to cost more than if they got if from the factory.

OP
OP
no Bronco yet

no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to hang in there with the 2.7L, but dropped the Tow today to increase my odds. My order is an OBX, so I’m hoping that works in my favor.

OP
OP
no Bronco yet

no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was( technically still waiting on delivery...so IS) a PITA. You can definitely find folks on this forum that went with a soft-top, to get it quicker, but now want a hard top and they can't get their hands on one. Also people that dropped tow but now want the 7 pin connector and it's going to cost more than if they got if from the factory.
I dropped the Tow, thinking I’ll add the Curt hitch receiver myself sometime down the road. The only thing I ever pull is a single Seadoo or else mount a hitch bike rack. So 7 pin connector isn’t an issue.

10-4 on waiting being a PITA . . . and I’m only six months into this. Can’t imagine what you all resy holders have been through the past two years.

Reactions: Jdc

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a July 2020 reservation and have been waiting like everyone else. 2.7, Sas, Lux, MIC, and Tow . . . so two months ago I called my dealer to delete the tow package, and magically got a build date two weeks later. Could be happenstance, but to me it looks like Tow is still a constraint.

OP
OP
no Bronco yet

no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a July 2020 reservation and have been waiting like everyone else. 2.7, Sas, Lux, MIC, and Tow . . . so two months ago I called my dealer to delete the tow package, and magically got a build date two weeks later. Could be happenstance, but to me it looks like Tow is still a constraint.
Congrats on that! I’ve read of similar, magical stunt trickery with the tow package delete. I‘ll let you know if I‘m as fortunate. I still have 2.7, MIC and the mod front bumper in my order, so I’m not out of the woods just yet . . .
Sponsored