Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is anyone else having extreme difficulty getting their hardtop replaced under Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49? I haven't seen many posts about actually getting a replacement hardtop under this warranty/recall/program.

I was extremely lucky to accept delivery of a 2021 Bronco back in July 2021, and find out I got delivered one of the Broncos with a bad hard top. I immediately reach out to multiple dealers about how to get it replaced and am told there's no outstanding recall. Sometime in October 2021 (I think) I get a letter from Ford about "Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49".

I make an appointment with a dealer's service department to start the process of getting the hard top replaced and I'm told it is impossible to get the parts. I check in periodically with service and am told the same thing, can't get the parts. Finally in July 2022, a whole year later, I check in with the service department and they can get the replacement parts to complete the replacement late July.

Finally come in for the service a week ago only to find out the glass panels were either lost or were never shipped in the first place, gotta wait a couple days for new glass panels to come in. New glass panels come in, they're tinted and service department won't complete the replacement without exact parts. So now we're waiting for clear glass panels to come in on order from the part manufacturer (not Ford).

What's worse is Ford just mailed me telling me the "Customer Satisfaction Program" offer expires September 2022, fingers crossed this doesn't go on much longer for my Bronco. What a mess.

Ford Bronco Hardtop Replacement Woes | Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49 20220810_111117
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I replaced mine last December with no issues(but i work at the dealer and installed myself)but if the work order is active at dealer and parts on back order you shouldn't have to worry about the cut off date.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had mine replaced months ago, the dealership used my glass. I don't think they ship the glass. They shipped it pretty quickly. But I know things are harder to get nowadays. Did you go to the dealership you bought it from?

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is there a cut-off date if it is a warranty issue??

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is there a cut-off date if it is a warranty issue??
Customer satisfaction programs can have different limitations depending on what type of program it is. This program replaces all 4 panels at one time. The 3/36 BTB warranty will still cover individual pieces if deemed defective.

The other thing, and not saying this is the OP's situation, but Ford knows who they sent the letter(s) to and on what date(s) so there's no way to claim, "I didn't get the letter until the program expired", excuse. Again, not saying this applies to this situation but we've had Ford tell customers to pound sand after programs have expired and a customer claims to not have gotten the letter. Seen it happen many times first hand and usually it isn't a pleasant conversation to be a party to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mjopp

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had mine replaced months ago, the dealership used my glass. I don't think they ship the glass. They shipped it pretty quickly. But I know things are harder to get nowadays. Did you go to the dealership you bought it from?
The dealership I bought from is over an hour away, I did reach out to them initially and they said to get it serviced at any Ford dealer. Ended up going to a dealership where I've bought parts from.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else having extreme difficulty getting their hardtop replaced under Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49? I haven't seen many posts about actually getting a replacement hardtop under this warranty/recall/program.

I was extremely lucky to accept delivery of a 2021 Bronco back in July 2021, and find out I got delivered one of the Broncos with a bad hard top. I immediately reach out to multiple dealers about how to get it replaced and am told there's no outstanding recall. Sometime in October 2021 (I think) I get a letter from Ford about "Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49".

I make an appointment with a dealer's service department to start the process of getting the hard top replaced and I'm told it is impossible to get the parts. I check in periodically with service and am told the same thing, can't get the parts. Finally in July 2022, a whole year later, I check in with the service department and they can get the replacement parts to complete the replacement late July.

Finally come in for the service a week ago only to find out the glass panels were either lost or were never shipped in the first place, gotta wait a couple days for new glass panels to come in. New glass panels come in, they're tinted and service department won't complete the replacement without exact parts. So now we're waiting for clear glass panels to come in on order from the part manufacturer (not Ford).

What's worse is Ford just mailed me telling me the "Customer Satisfaction Program" offer expires September 2022, fingers crossed this doesn't go on much longer for my Bronco. What a mess.

Ford Bronco Hardtop Replacement Woes | Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49 20220810_111117
I had issues getting mine swapped out. Didn't show under the CSP. Finally got it done this last spring. After swapping the top, I did notice the top build date was very close to the stop work date on the tops. September 21.

Cindylou15

Wildtrak
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a two door wild trak, but I have installed the soft top. Is there a time limit to get the hard top fixed. ?
The dealer contacted me. They already ordered it in and I said I have a soft top install. There’s no way I’m putting the hardtop back on you guys to replace it. 🤣

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a two door wild trak, but I have installed the soft top. Is there a time limit to get the hard top fixed. ?
The dealer contacted me. They already ordered it in and I said I have a soft top install. There’s no way I’m putting the hardtop back on you guys to replace it. 🤣
September 30, 2023 or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. After that the program is expired.
Sponsored