Sponsored

Hardtop woes: Tailgate window gasket leaking terribly, less than 500 miles on it and the trunk was soaked after a night of rain.

jstor

Black Diamond
First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 cr-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Built in Sep 22, Already working with a dealership to file a warranty - but wanted to say the hardtop design for the window gasket is terrible. 2DR black diamond and less than a month owning the vehicle and the gasket itself the adhesive is clearly unbinding, and now if it rains i am greeted with water inside my trunk soaking stuff especially anything in the little under compartment.

Has anyone else had this issue? will post pics later.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jstor

Black Diamond
First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 cr-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Hardtop woes: Tailgate window gasket leaking terribly, less than 500 miles on it and the trunk was soaked after a night of rain. hardtop.PNG

Ford Bronco Hardtop woes: Tailgate window gasket leaking terribly, less than 500 miles on it and the trunk was soaked after a night of rain. waterintrunk.PNG

can't really tell from the bottom picture but the moving blanket i have down was absolutely soaked and i got a huge shower when I opened the rear window from water collected there.
Given the amount of water further into the trunk I am wondering if the entire hardtop is leaking.

edit: i should add, this wasn't like crazy rain. Just mild showers for a few days.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Built in Sep 22, Already working with a dealership to file a warranty - but wanted to say the hardtop design for the window gasket is terrible. 2DR black diamond and less than a month owning the vehicle and the gasket itself the adhesive is clearly unbinding, and now if it rains i am greeted with water inside my trunk soaking stuff especially anything in the little under compartment.

Has anyone else had this issue? will post pics later.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored