Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FINAL(?) UPDATE
Picked it up today. Dealer says the valve cover gasket was leaking on the driver side, towards the rear. Replaced the gasket and cleaned off the old oil. Hopefully this is the fix!

I have to give a big thank you to Ford Customer Service! They contacted the dealer to make sure the replacement parts were expedited, and called me every couple days to make sure I was comfortable with what was happening. It felt good to know they were tracking the repairs to make sure they were done in a timely manner.
Sponsored

Direwild

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After smelling burning oil on Thursday, I crawled under the vehicle and there is oil in multiple locations on the bottom of the engine and transmission. It is not coming from the drain plug or oil filter. I called the dealer on Monday and they cannot look at until Monday the 27th. I have cleaned it off three times now, so it is definitely a leak from somewhere and not spillage.

So sad.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg
Just found out I have the exact same issue now. After 10k miles.

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After smelling burning oil on Thursday, I crawled under the vehicle and there is oil in multiple locations on the bottom of the engine and transmission. It is not coming from the drain plug or oil filter. I called the dealer on Monday and they cannot look at until Monday the 27th. I have cleaned it off three times now, so it is definitely a leak from somewhere and not spillage.

So sad.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg
My pic could be a twin to your pic from a different angle. After less than 3000 miles. Now that it has been a year since your last update, are you still satisfied with the repair?

DSC01046.JPG

OP
OP
Big Rig

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is crazy! I haven't had any more problems, so I think it was fixed.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol gotta love the PM me your VIN posts. There has to be some backdoor benefit Ford gets from these (aka data collection for all their "quality" work) because it sure isn't customer service.
You do know that Ford account actually follows up on their posts right? Even this OP posted that ford dealt with the dealer to make sure the parts got there faster.

Other people have posted the same. That they deal with the dealer to make sure it's being fixed.
Sponsored