Sponsored

Has anyone had to replace their brake pads yet?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious if anyone has “had” to yet? I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything on here. Sorry if I missed it for all the ones who like to point that stuff out 😂. But if you have, did you go Ford or aftermarket? Cost? Personally, I think the brakes have held up great after 40k miles in mine. Haven’t checked the book to see if it says when to change them or expected timeframe/mileage.
Recent "Works" at the Ford Dealer, the Quick Lane manager reported that the pads are "just a little worn" and no where near replacement. Rotors fine. I've got 50,000 miles in 2.5 years on my non-SAS OBX. Locsl, highwar & beach off-roading. Upgraded at 25,000 miles to 33" Badlands take-offs, but the extra weight hasn't meant more brake wear.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When the time comes, I insist upon the best: Only free-range all-natural cage-free dolphin-friendly cruelty-free pure estate-sourced eco-friendly sustainably harvested extra-virgin Siberian asbestos brake pads for me!
Free-range asbestos is how you get lung cancer 😂

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
20k miles on mine. I rotated my tires a few weeks back the pads appeared to still have about 75% to 80% life still. Brake fluid level hasn't dropped significantly either, which backs that estimate up.
There's no relationship between fluid loss and brake pad wear. Other than both occur over time or due to mechanical failures.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The EBC pads don't have the same bite as normal composite pads. Good stuff but if that is an issue don't get them.
what are higher performance composite pads

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There's no relationship between fluid loss and brake pad wear. Other than both occur over time or due to mechanical failures.
If it's right at the fill line with brand new pads it's not going to be there when the pads are beat. It's not fluid loss, if you put new pads in the level goes back up. Brakes don't last long around here. Tons of hills.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
92k miles, but no, not yet. For some reason, despite not being afraid to brake deeply, I am pretty easy on pads and rotors. I guess not riding the brakes like grandma used to do pays off.