Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outreachasia.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2018 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping to replace my brake pads with ceramic pads to alleviate most of the colored dust that quickly accumulates on the front wheels of our Bronco Sport. I am not able to find a company who has them available yet.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should in the next year. I've heard good things about ceramic pads even with OEM rotors. There might be some soaps that might not be good for them so just be mindful of that...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How timely just did full brake job on my 14 tundra ,powerstop has a whole kit with everything you need drilled and slotted rotors ,ceramic pads all hardware easy deal.
The messed up part is that you have to bed the pads to the rotors 5 aggressive stops from 45 to 0,5 stops 35 to 10 then at least 5 min cooling no touching the brakes.
I did it at 12:30 at night so i didnt bother anyone lucky i didnt have to do a roadside dui test .
Stops awesome i dont know about dust yet

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You will still have dust with ceramic pads, for best brake performance you want to stick with OEM material, just get better quality and you will have less dust. I sell tons of brake pads and other parts all day long.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will still have dust with ceramic pads, for best brake performance you want to stick with OEM material, just get better quality and you will have less dust. I sell tons of brake pads and other parts all day long.
Figured id try something different oem warped rotors at 47,000 miles

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How timely just did full brake job on my 14 tundra ,powerstop has a whole kit with everything you need drilled and slotted rotors ,ceramic pads all hardware easy deal.
The messed up part is that you have to bed the pads to the rotors 5 aggressive stops from 45 to 0,5 stops 35 to 10 then at least 5 min cooling no touching the brakes.
I did it at 12:30 at night so i didnt bother anyone lucky i didnt have to do a roadside dui test .
Bedding in pads is proper procedure regardless of material.
Brake dust is the result of wear.
Friction is what makes brakes work.
Less friction/ wear is generally created by "low dust"pads.
You can stop or look pretty, pick one.
I choose stopping because you wont look pretty if you cant stop.
Low dust pads, "lifetime pads" are all gimmicks to take your money. If you want to compromise stopping power for "image" take TWO TABS of CYANIDE and call me in the morning (or don't).

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Better quality aftermarket rotors with better alloys. The power stops that someone mentioned would be less prone to warpage as it is caused by different metals used in alloys that are not mixed together very good. Heat and then rapid cooling are your rotors worst enemies, better alloys help a lot. City driving is horrible on them, especially North Houston traffic where I live. I have resurfaced a lot of warped rotors in the last 9 years working in a parts house!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used to explain to my customers how a lifetime warranty on their pads did not mean they would never wear down due to the fact they would not be able to stop if that were the case, but I gave up. The Zone down the street would swap their pads for free, so I just keep them happy now while handing a new set of pads out.

Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I put the Powerstop kit on my Ram 1500. Really happy with them after 2 months.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Better quality aftermarket rotors with better alloys. The power stops that someone mentioned would be less prone to warpage as it is caused by different metals used in alloys that are not mixed together very good. Heat and then rapid cooling are your rotors worst enemies, better alloys help a lot. City driving is horrible on them, especially North Houston traffic where I live. I have resurfaced a lot of warped rotors in the last 9 years working in a parts house!
As 99.9999% of all metal brake rotors are made in PRC these days, it's not often you can get any one company to control the metallurgy of their rotors anymore. Raybestos actually owns their manufacturing facilities in China (yet still produce some garbage products, go figure).

Sure the final machining, post-production treatments (cryo for example) are still done elsewhere, but for all intents and purposes, you're buying

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The rotors ,pads i pulled off the tundra were the best looking ones i ever pulled the steering shake when i applied brakes bothered me supposedly its a common problem on the tundras . I dont shake now.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a customer one time that would not buy a thermostat because it was made in Israel. The rotors I sell out of my store are made in China. I have Bosch ones that are used to be better and have a lifetime warranty, but they had to cut that down to 3 years.

OP
OP
boeingmyway

boeingmyway

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outreachasia.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2018 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wear on my brake pads is not the problem as it's a new Bronco Sport. I'll see about buying better OEM pads.
Sponsored