Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I have seen them being driven in the wild, manufacturer plates, so I thought maybe someone might have gotten a chance. I also didn't realize the bronco rodeo thing isn't started yet, because I can't wait for that feedback. That's all.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dear-aftermarket-improve-the-brake-pedal-please.13439/

It is a common sentiment. They feel bad until you're used to them, and even then they have a lot of travel before you get response. I find it problematic enough to be a concern on another purchase.
There is a bulletin/procedure for testing travel in relation to pressure which I'm sure has been posted on that forum. Not sure what if anything can be done about feel if it's within Ford's spec. but it wouldn't be a deal killer for me.

I guess a guy could put a restrictor in a vacuum line to see if it firms up or possibly put an adjustable rod in to see if that helps. Not advice or suggestion, just thinking out loud.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been driving my Ford truck more lately. When I switch to the g/f 4Runner, I keep over-braking. If you think Tacoma/4Runner brakes suck, they don't...compared to Ford.

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just came on to report that I have a Big Bend Bronco (2.3) and it has been sitting at the dealer waiting for a vacuum tube for the brake booster for almost 2 weeks and with less than 150 miles driven. Their tech reported that I was the third Bronco he had seen with a similar issue. It gave my wife and me a good scare when we saw the errors light up that there was a brake failure. We took it straight in and their tech pretty much already knew what the problem was. Now the issue is getting the part in. He says it is a bad hose line. I am not clear why it has taken this long to get the part in. I would assume this would be a fairly easy fix. Maybe a future recall???

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't say for the Bronco, but I've owned a lot of Fords and the majority have had mushier brakes than other brands. They work fine, they just don't feel great. I get used to them and then get into something with firmer brakes and have to teach myself to drive all over again.
My Focus St are excellent. My Ford Trucks are meant to stop loads and Trailers and have never felt anything but firm.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a 2.3 Outerbanks (non-SAS) on 33" BFG K02s over the weekend a few weeks back. Compared to my '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee the brakes and steering on the Bronco were somewhat overboosted. The Bronco's boosting isn't bad, it isn't Corolla bad, but it is a bit vague. In the Bronco I found myself creeping at a stoplight on multiple occasions because I thought I was holding the brake pedal enough but I wasn't. Certainly something to get used to.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been saying since I bought my ranger, which I understand shares a LOT with the bronco; The brakes are AWFUL and while I've gotten used to them, I get in our 4runner and it feels like a car is supposed to. It's responsive, stops on a dime, and doesn't feel as mushy as the Ford does. I am going to ask to test drive a local bronco just to see. Anyone know a Dallas dealer allowing test drives?
I nearly cause an accident every time I go from driving my 21 Ranger Tremor to my Audi Q7. The Ranger's brakes require a solid 2" of travel before you even feel it start to engage. The Bronco isnt quite that bad, thank god. At least not either of the 2 Ive driven.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've spent about 8 hours off road and done about 30 miles on the highway. I did not notice the brakes to be super mushy. I will say, two foot driving is your friend.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a 2.3 Outerbanks (non-SAS) on 33" BFG K02s over the weekend a few weeks back. Compared to my '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee the brakes and steering on the Bronco were somewhat overboosted. The Bronco's boosting isn't bad, it isn't Corolla bad, but it is a bit vague. In the Bronco I found myself creeping at a stoplight on multiple occasions because I thought I was holding the brake pedal enough but I wasn't. Certainly something to get used to.
Did you trade in your Jeep? If so would you mind sharing what you got for it? And did they ding you for your hairline crack running the length of the windshield? (I have the same vehicle)

Also, how does the interior size feel to you in comparison? And how much bigger does it feel on the road?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've spent about 8 hours off road and done about 30 miles on the highway. I did not notice the brakes to be super mushy. I will say, two foot driving is your friend.
Oh, please don't be one of those people!! We never know if you're going or braking....but brake shops love you.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, please don't be one of those people!! We never know if you're going or braking....but brake shops love you.
Oh no, I never do it on road. It does help a lot off road or hooking up a trailer. By the time you move your foot and push the pedal, you're too late.

Sponsored

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you trade in your Jeep? If so would you mind sharing what you got for it? And did they ding you for your hairline crack running the length of the windshield? (I have the same vehicle)

Also, how does the interior size feel to you in comparison? And how much bigger does it feel on the road?
@Adumb PM'd you

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second this, stainless steel brake lines are gonna be the cheapest (still not that cheap, maybe around $300-500 for new lines and install) and easiest way to alleviate some of that issue without having to upgrade your whole brake set.
Any word on Stainless steel lines?
Sponsored