Sponsored

Has anyone had to replace their brake pads yet?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just curious if anyone has “had” to yet? I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything on here. Sorry if I missed it for all the ones who like to point that stuff out 😂. But if you have, did you go Ford or aftermarket? Cost? Personally, I think the brakes have held up great after 40k miles in mine. Haven’t checked the book to see if it says when to change them or expected timeframe/mileage.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You change them when the sensors say to. Not sure what kind of sensors we have whether physical contact as they wear and start squealing or actual electric sensors that will display on dash, but like you, with 42,000 miles and zero loss of brakability and passing my state's annual inspection I am thinking 60,000 miles might be possible.

Will need tires at around 50k so maybe I might do brakes then

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You change them when the sensors say to. Not sure what kind of sensors we have whether physical contact as they wear and start squealing or actual electric sensors that will display on dash, but like you, with 42,000 miles and zero loss of brakability and passing my state's annual inspection I am thinking 60,000 miles might be possible.

Will need tires at around 50k so maybe I might do brakes then
That would be crazy to have electric sensors to tell you to change your brakes. Wouldn’t hate it though 😂 I’m getting new tires put on tomorrow and will check out how much pad is left at that point.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll check mine again when I swap my summer wheels/tires on next month. I have a knack for killing brake pads and tires in 25k or so on everything from my Excursion, F150 to Chrysler 300c. It will be interesting to see what they look like at 15.5k miles 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my experience the modern SUV and trucks go well over 100k now. I don’t know why Broncos would be any different.
Really?! I had no idea. That would be great if true. 👍🏽

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll check mine again when I swap my summer wheels/tires on next month. I have a knack for killing brake pads and tires in 25k or so on everything from my Excursion, F150 to Chrysler 300c. It will be interesting to see what they look like at 15.5k miles 😂
I hear ya. We usually go through brakes pretty quick. Being a daily driver and a lot of city driving I would’ve expected them to wear somewhat quickly.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of trail braking? And use of TC?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

20k miles on mine. I rotated my tires a few weeks back the pads appeared to still have about 75% to 80% life still. Brake fluid level hasn't dropped significantly either, which backs that estimate up.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brake wear is 95% based on driving habits so it will very tremendously from person to person. Some people can get 100,000+ and others can't get past 30,000. It' just like fuel economy. The Bronco will be no different than anything else.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really?! I had no idea. That would be great if true. 👍🏽
Depends on the driver. I get 200,000 easily but if you’re on the brakes too much I could see them not lasting even 50,000. The longer your brakes last the better fuel mileage you’ll get too.

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
45K on a Basesquatch. Brakes and tires are good to go.

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Larger & heavier wheels and tires will also factor in to brake pad wear. 4 door vs 2 door would also mean slightly heavier vehicle faster pad wear.
Sponsored