Sponsored

Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door?

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The install took me about 3 hours. I did it all myself without help. Not sure how long it would take to get back to the hard top but probably 2 hours. I havent had it down on the highway yet. I did drive it to work today in hard rain on the highway and it wasnt much louder than the hard top.
Sponsored

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i ordered one, in my basement waiting for canadian winter to stop
Ditto. Bestop bimini in waiting (winter exit). Hard-top can go on top of it. They have an install video on YouTube for both 4 and 2 dr which shows the ease of install. JCG

mdbroncoobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. I had a 2 door Rubicon with a soft top and the view out the back is not good when the top is down. This is a better, functional design. My only question is if it flaps around when it is open on the top. But guessing if it does that a few bungie cords will control it.

Mine is in boxes waiting for a little warmer weather.
I finished getting mine on Monday and the weather was warm enough to drive with the top down. I was impressed at highway speeds, just make sure it’s folded properly in the accordion style. It comes with Velcro straps as well to hold the bars down

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I went ahead and put it on yesterday. Its definitely a nice top. Dont see me taking the sides and the back off much. The main thing is that it makes the back of the bronco look so much better with the slant back. That said, not sure if I would do it again. Its pretty easy to take off the stock front top pieces and honestly, the rear hard top comes off in just a few min with an impact.

soft top.jpg
Totally agree with the slant back look. Is there a way to run it without the side windows, but with the rear piece in place? I really hate the way the top hangs over the back like a mullet when the side and rear windows are removed.

mdbroncoobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door? 117CE91D-FABD-403B-9CD7-DB7D3B52820C
Ford Bronco Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door? 9B00491D-3BA3-42CA-84A5-5D59D870D362

Got mine on Monday. I do really love the hard top and how easy it was to use, but after a few times messing with the bestop, it’s pretty easy as well. I go to the beach a lot so needed the convenience factor of the bestop for full open air. Curious how it’ll be next fall though when I have to convert back to hard top.

Sponsored

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Totally agree with the slant back look. Is there a way to run it without the side windows, but with the rear piece in place? I really hate the way the top hangs over the back like a mullet when the side and rear windows are removed.
The side pieces include the curved part at the back that the side of the rear window clips into. That said, it would still be hooked at the top and the bottom so it can probably be done.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want to like this top, as I like Bestop's product and I think this two door top looks fantastic. But I've reached out to Bestop a few times and haven't received a response on how simple the swap back to hardtop will be. If it's a big process, it's a deal breaker for me.

My Wife's JK had a Trektop and the swap would only take us 30-45 minutes to do each season. There were 4 little brackets that were one time installs and the rest was just thumbscrews, no tools required other than unbolting the hardtop-easy peasy.

I see in the install video that they like to use a lot of peel n' stick foam now, which I've seen used in some of there other newer tops when helping a buddy put a top on his Rubicon last year. That doesn't usually last too long when you're swapping tops a lot. Then it looks like there's a bit of hardware to change out, not sure if any of it can stay on with the hard top. I hope I'm wrong.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really want to like this top, as I like Bestop's product and I think this two door top looks fantastic. But I've reached out to Bestop a few times and haven't received a response on how simple the swap back to hardtop will be. If it's a big process, it's a deal breaker for me.

My Wife's JK had a Trektop and the swap would only take us 30-45 minutes to do each season. There were 4 little brackets that were one time installs and the rest was just thumbscrews, no tools required other than unbolting the hardtop-easy peasy.

I see in the install video that they like to use a lot of peel n' stick foam now, which I've seen used in some of there other newer tops when helping a buddy put a top on his Rubicon last year. That doesn't usually last too long when you're swapping tops a lot. Then it looks like there's a bit of hardware to change out, not sure if any of it can stay on with the hard top. I hope I'm wrong.
The more I think about it, I dont think it will be too bad. Most of the foam (if not all) goes on the top and will be removes with the top. The clear protective stuff can stay on the bronco. Im betting I can convert to hard top in less than an hour with a helper.

mdbroncoobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah that was a big factor for me as well. I chatted with them online and they told me maybe an hour the first time, but once you get the hang of it, looking at more like 30 min or so. Granted, they could just be saying that, no telling until it needs to be done unfortunately.

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone considering just getting the vinyl bimini top (not the mesh) and going with that? You wouldnt have any side coverage but maybe it would be enough.

Sponsored

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I talked to them today about it. Very easy to switch back. You dont remove the weather stripping at the bottom of the side windows. You will need to of course remove the top metal rails and brackets.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone considering just getting the vinyl bimini top (not the mesh) and going with that? You wouldnt have any side coverage but maybe it would be enough.
I think you would be screwed in a thunderstorm on any highway with just that but who knows.
I'm in the same boat as others.
Where I live it can hit -10F in the winter and 100F in the summer.
I will need to switch out the hard top in the spring and put in back on in the fall.
So far I don't see a lot of options besides bestop.
YouTube doesn't show anyone going from soft to hard, only the other way around.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got around to putting my Trektop on last night. Some observations:

It is a little bit of a PITA to install compared to 4 door JL Wrangler soft top that I'm used to doing.

It won't be that hard to remove and install the hard top in the fall, but it will still be a little bit more involved than the JL.

I'm happy to have it installed (even though I was not going to buy one because it doesn't lay down in the back) because there are no other options fir soft top except the Sunrider which doesn't offer all the convenience this does.

This totally changes the look of the Bronco!

Ford Bronco Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door? 20220318_122051

Ford Bronco Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door? 20220318_120726

20220317_145140.jpg

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got around to putting my Trektop on last night. Some observations:

It is a little bit of a PITA to install compared to 4 door JL Wrangler soft top that I'm used to doing.

It won't be that hard to remove and install the hard top in the fall, but it will still be a little bit more involved than the JL.

I'm happy to have it installed (even though I was not going to buy one because it doesn't lay down in the back) because there are no other options fir soft top except the Sunrider which doesn't offer all the convenience this does.

This totally changes the look of the Bronco!

Ford Bronco Has anyone put a Bestop soft top on their 2 door? 20220317_145140

Looks great on shadow black.....can you add some more pictures from different angles?