Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did OP actually answer any questions for anyone, or just troll everyone saying he has 4 different tops, show picture of a box, a lawnmower, and then mostly disappear?
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If the best top folded all the way down like a soft top is supposed to, Iā€™d consider it. Iā€™m not a fan of the ā€œbroken lawn chair strapped to the rollbarā€ look when itā€™s open.

Logjamming

Badlands
First Name
Viktor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious how the ADV top is delivered. Is it ready to be swapped once you open the box (so its two pieces I guess) or do you have to does the glass or anything need to be put together. Did you have delivered to your house?

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only advantage I saw from the OEM soft top was that it will be significantly easier and faster to swap it for the hard top. The Bestop swap to the hard top will be way more involved. Lots of rails and other bits to remove. The EOM removal is much easier. I believe the Bestop is still superior in most ways. I put my soft top up/down a lot and the Bestop is a cinch. It will take more time in fall and spring however to swap. Still a fair trade off in my mind.
Yeah I agree, it was a full day install. When Fall roles around, I am wondering if I am going to remember what parts to remove/replace to get the hardtop back on. Should have took picturesā€¦.we may need a dedicated support thread for this oneā€¦

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I just realized I may have more tops for a Bronco than anyone else. Although, 2 of them are the same and one will be shipped back to the manufacturer.

1. Original OEM soft top - I affectionately refer to it as the circus tent. Ugly, heavy, cumbersome to put up and down, noisy, poor quality fabric and the windows scratch if you look at them.

2. Bestop Trektop - light, better fabric, better windows, can be put up/down completely in 3-4 minutes, sits above the roll bar which means you simply cannot see it as the driver. Way quieter. It is light too. Had I known it was that good I would not have bothered with a hardtop.

3. Anderson Composite hard top - 2X. First one was badly damaged in shipping (Outstanding service by BMC Customs - who I purchased it through- throughout the whole replacement process, unmatched). Second one was perfect. Comparing it to the hardtop on my two door it is laughable how much better it is than the OEM hardtop. Fit and finish is light years better, edges arenā€™t open and waiting to suck in water, hinges are better, headliner isnā€™t cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting glued in, etc. Doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Here is the damaged one heading back to Anderson.
IMG_3662.jpeg
This is great post of misleading Title and garbage content. Thanks

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I agree, it was a full day install. When Fall roles around, I am wondering if I am going to remember what parts to remove/replace to get the hardtop back on. Should have took picturesā€¦.we may need a dedicated support thread for this oneā€¦
It goes a lot quicker once you've done it before!

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did OP actually answer any questions for anyone, or just troll everyone saying he has 4 different tops, show picture of a box, a lawnmower, and then mostly disappear?
I said the exact same thing as you in a post and it got deleted

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, I just realized I may have more tops for a Bronco than anyone else. Although, 2 of them are the same and one will be shipped back to the manufacturer.

1. Original OEM soft top - I affectionately refer to it as the circus tent. Ugly, heavy, cumbersome to put up and down, noisy, poor quality fabric and the windows scratch if you look at them.

2. Bestop Trektop - light, better fabric, better windows, can be put up/down completely in 3-4 minutes, sits above the roll bar which means you simply cannot see it as the driver. Way quieter. It is light too. Had I known it was that good I would not have bothered with a hardtop.

3. Anderson Composite hard top - 2X. First one was badly damaged in shipping (Outstanding service by BMC Customs - who I purchased it through- throughout the whole replacement process, unmatched). Second one was perfect. Comparing it to the hardtop on my two door it is laughable how much better it is than the OEM hardtop. Fit and finish is light years better, edges arenā€™t open and waiting to suck in water, hinges are better, headliner isnā€™t cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting glued in, etc. Doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Here is the damaged one heading back to Anderson.
IMG_3662.jpeg
Have a raptor hardtop only... going topless for summer but if i wanted a soft top, quickest to install/uninstall is the OEM?

Thanks for advice!

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to hear is the Bestop soft top is any better than the OEM soft top. My OEM soft top is super loud on passenger side and really doesn't seal along the pillar in the middle to the 2 doors. Will probably let it wear out more before replacing with a after market but curious to hear about the others.
Sponsored