Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I just realized I may have more tops for a Bronco than anyone else. Although, 2 of them are the same and one will be shipped back to the manufacturer.

1. Original OEM soft top - I affectionately refer to it as the circus tent. Ugly, heavy, cumbersome to put up and down, noisy, poor quality fabric and the windows scratch if you look at them.

2. Bestop Trektop - light, better fabric, better windows, can be put up/down completely in 3-4 minutes, sits above the roll bar which means you simply cannot see it as the driver. Way quieter. It is light too. Had I known it was that good I would not have bothered with a hardtop.

3. Anderson Composite hard top - 2X. First one was badly damaged in shipping (Outstanding service by BMC Customs - who I purchased it through- throughout the whole replacement process, unmatched). Second one was perfect. Comparing it to the hardtop on my two door it is laughable how much better it is than the OEM hardtop. Fit and finish is light years better, edges aren’t open and waiting to suck in water, hinges are better, headliner isn’t cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting glued in, etc. Doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Here is the damaged one heading back to Anderson.
Ford Bronco Have Four Bronco Tops - OEM, Bestop Trektop, Anderson Composite -- (happy to answer questions) IMG_3662
Sponsored

Last edited:

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you still have the OEM top?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're just gonna post a picture of the box on a pallet and not any of the actual tops? 😂
Only photo I had right now 😂. I can take more later. Drinking at my cabin right now

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me with my ADV hardtop:

Ford Bronco Have Four Bronco Tops - OEM, Bestop Trektop, Anderson Composite -- (happy to answer questions) 1690258013962
Right? I had an issue with Anderson and they still got me a SECOND one before ADV shipped their vaportop 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going sell sell it to anyone willing to buy it. Or I’ll burn it. That top is a joke. Anyone who says otherwise hasn’t seen anything else.

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Terrible lighting in my garage right now to take photos of the Bestop. Will do tomorrow In the light. Not sure how they’ll be different than Bestop’s photos. I will say here is where to OEM ended up. On my cabin garage floor… mower fits nicely. Like I said, not a viable solution in my mind. Only reason it is there is because I couldn’t stuff it into the garage attic. I took one long trip with the OEM soft top through the desert and the windows looked like my 1995 Jeeps windows.
Ford Bronco Have Four Bronco Tops - OEM, Bestop Trektop, Anderson Composite -- (happy to answer questions) IMG_0279

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only advantage I saw from the OEM soft top was that it will be significantly easier and faster to swap it for the hard top. The Bestop swap to the hard top will be way more involved. Lots of rails and other bits to remove. The EOM removal is much easier. I believe the Bestop is still superior in most ways. I put my soft top up/down a lot and the Bestop is a cinch. It will take more time in fall and spring however to swap. Still a fair trade off in my mind.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm about a month out from my white Anderson top per their ETA to my shop.... I'm excited to get it on!

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a soft top owner and I'm interested in your comment that the bestop is quieter... Please elaborate on this topic a bit. I've done several direct comparisons on highway noise between my bronco and my friends first edition hard top, and they're both in the category of "loud" 😂... Not that either of us really care, but the thought was that the hard top would be quieter and it really isn't by much. The OEM soft top is a PITA to take fully down then back up, and I mostly just stick to the flip back portion for this reason (you get the 80% solution for absolutely minimal work). Also share if the after market hard top is quieter than all other options by a margin that justifies the cost... Thanks!
Sponsored