Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bestop_Team I would pay more if you had an option for a rear gate that lifted up like the hard top. Even better if you could do it with one hand.

IAG struts on the factory soft top make a world of difference when you have something in your arms.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence about buying a Bestop, big deterrent for me was the back not staying open on its own. Otherwise I agree the function is to similar to swap out. I do like the slant back look but I wouldn't want to lose the space or have the possibility of something poking a hole in the slant.
This isn't quite right. I went from the factory soft top to the Trektop. The back opens much wider and stays open much easier compared to factory (without aftermarket struts). The slant loses almost no space because there is MUCH less metal framing than in the factory soft top. Most of the corner it cuts off is unusable in the factory top.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed! IF they made an ultra top version for the Bronco like they do the jeep, I am sold
Agreed. This is the thing I'm hoping for over time. That's pretty slick. Please make this happen.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Bestop Trektop (slanted) on my JLU and my previous JK.. The slant is a non issue in terms of usability. The slant is purely aesthetics with virtually no loss of functionality..
The slant eliminates some cargo room. 90% of the time it's a non issue, but there would definitely be times where it would be an issue.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since Bestop is actually the manufacturer for the OEM Jeep soft tops i wish they could replicate that somehow for the 2 door. Loved being able to drop the top on my ‘18 Rubicon all the way back in 2 minutes, with it riding at the top of the tailgate instead of at the top of the roll bar in back.

Also not a fan of the “fastback” style. Will look at the modular hard top when it comes available, but just pulling the front two MIC panels aren’t getting it done for me. Eventually will be able to take the whole top off, but in the meantime, the soft top is all I miss about my old Jeep.
100 percent agree

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't quite right. I went from the factory soft top to the Trektop. The back opens much wider and stays open much easier compared to factory (without aftermarket struts). The slant loses almost no space because there is MUCH less metal framing than in the factory soft top. Most of the corner it cuts off is unusable in the factory top.
This is my packout for a long weekend camping. I suspect the slantback would have have an issue with my cooler and definitely that Kodiak tent. It would be really close. I'd still rather have a squared back. It kills the profile of the car to me, even my wife says it'll make it look like a range rover.

Ford Bronco Let's talk about MIC, Soft Tops and Bestop 1660063360518

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory ST has it's issues:
  • First position 'fold back' won't fit in my garage - I need to find a warning solution for this...
  • Sorta loud inside - I suppose
BUT...
The upsides:
  • 6 seconds to full open
  • FULL fold-back for 100% open air
  • I removed back windows for Safari summer (took mine out in April - won't be back in until October...)
  • With IAG Assist, it's super easy one-hand operation
I actually ordered with a Hardtop initially but when they couldn't produce, I moved to ST. Best accident ever....no longer interested in Hardtop...

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my packout for a long weekend camping. I suspect the slantback would have have an issue with my cooler and definitely that Kodiak tent. It would be really close. I'd still rather have a squared back. It kills the profile of the car to me, even my wife says it'll make it look like a range rover.

Ford Bronco Let's talk about MIC, Soft Tops and Bestop 1660063360518
Taste is of course subjective. But I need to take some pictures because people seem to think that the slanted portion is hard against the roll bar but it isn't at all. Let me get some pictures later just to get the information out there.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taste is of course subjective. But I need to take some pictures because people seem to think that the slanted portion is hard against the roll bar but it isn't at all. Let me get some pictures later just to get the information out there.
Some side profile pics with the back window flipped up would go a long way for me

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am keeping my hard top, my issue with my hard top has been pin stripping from off roading. MIC top is softer than the actual paint. I actually think the plastic soft top windows are more durable.

Still waiting to see how long the MIC last vs Soft top. Both seem to be a 5 year product.
Your optimistic!!
We have two soft tops and maybe the top will last that long maybe!
my wife’s rear window is already coming apart the clips aren’t broken but it’s just coming loose from the corner and sticking out. The foam on the corners of mine is shot already. We put them down often.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those that have factory hardtop and Bestop softop, what is the process for reinstalling the hardtop? How much time and how much softop hardware needs to be removed to reinstall the hardtop. We live in Dallas and would like to use the hardtop in June, July, august, January and February, and use the softop the rest of the year. I’m concerned about the “process” of moving from one top to another. Please elaborate on the process if you will?

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your optimistic!!
We have two soft tops and maybe the top will last that long maybe!
my wife’s rear window is already coming apart the clips aren’t broken but it’s just coming loose from the corner and sticking out. The foam on the corners of mine is shot already. We put them down often.
Agreed. I dont have any “damage” to my factory soft top, but its definitely wearing. 5 years would be amazing. The fabric itself is not as tight as day-1.
Sponsored