Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who are the people driving around with their radio off and a giant hard on because they have a v8? Absolutely no one. Know who else doesn’t care if your truck makes v8 sounds as it drives by? Literally every person not sitting in the vehicle. Get over it.
This, this and this. You cant make a vehicle with emissions equipment sound cool anyway. Maybe your 2500 rpm drone sounds cool inside, but outside, nobody thinks your cool. That goes for aftermarket exhaust on 4 bangers, too. V8s used to rumble at idle - long ago, far away. Now? Who cares.
Sponsored

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The angry bees sound of the ecoboost engine is not boner inspiring in any way. I like the ecoboost engines just fine, but having driven my share of Coyote powered mustangs and F-150’s (as well as other V8 cars) I will tell you there is a tingle in my pants as the RPM’s rise. I don’t want to hear it constantly like the stupid harley riders who rev up their junk all the time, but something of significance will have been lost when the fleet goes all electric. If in doubt you should go test drive a new F-150 5.0 or Mustang GT.
We’ll this is a measured and reasonable response, sorry for being hyperbolic in my post. By any performance metric the turbo 6 is the better motor (excluding reliability), and a v8 just isn’t going to happen regardless so people might as well stop crying about it. To the “I need a v8 rumble to feel like a man” crowd I’m sure you’ll find other ways to signal to the world what kind of person you are.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how butt hurt the ecoboost fanboys are that people would prefer a V8 option.

How does Ford offering a V8 as an option hurt your enjoyment of a turbo?

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ecoboost gets rotten mileage. My 7.3 diesel gets about the same mpg. So a V8 should definitely be a part of the conversation.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we lock this thread from responses lol @Administrator