Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my packout for a long weekend camping. I suspect the slantback would have have an issue with my cooler and definitely that Kodiak tent. It would be really close. I'd still rather have a squared back. It kills the profile of the car to me, even my wife says it'll make it look like a range rover.

1660063360518.png
The IAG struts are so much better than that prop road. You should invest.
Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has there been any release of availability or price for the ford mic top as an accessory or replacement?

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those that have factory hardtop and Bestop softop, what is the process for reinstalling the hardtop? How much time and how much softop hardware needs to be removed to reinstall the hardtop. We live in Dallas and would like to use the hardtop in June, July, august, January and February, and use the softop the rest of the year. I’m concerned about the “process” of moving from one top to another. Please elaborate on the process if you will?
I'm curious also. I just installed the soft top and love it, but I live in PA and want the MIC for the winter. Planning on switching back and forth if it's not too much trouble. I did install a hoist in my garage to store the MIC.
Anyone that goes back to MIC, please let us know the process. I will be trying it in Oct, so we'll see.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence about buying a Bestop, big deterrent for me was the back not staying open on its own. Otherwise I agree the function is to similar to swap out. I do like the slant back look but I wouldn't want to lose the space or have the possibility of something poking a hole in the slant.

That wind rated door costs you clearance.
I wouldn't say I really notice the storage space loss on the Bestop compared to the MIC, it seems pretty negligible and honestly I wouldn't stack stuff against the vinyl window whether I had gone Bestop or OEM. The Bestop windows look 100% better than the wavy OEM, and the slant back is a matter of taste I suppose.

I plan to swap between my hard top and Bestop as the seasons change here in Michigan though I haven't yet done it so can't vouch for how easy/hard that process will be. I'm hoping that it'll be much easier than the 4-5 hours it took me for the initial installation. @Bestop_Team, I'm sure I'll figure it out but it would be very handy if you provided a time estimate and documentaiton/video for seasonal removal like you do for the initial install.

AdamP

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spent 30 minutes researching the same thing and hopeful @Besttop_Team shows an instructional video to go from Bestop soft top back to MIC Hardtop for us Northerns. Looks like most brackets/railings installed come back off but the soft top can stay in tact (probably a 2 hr process???). Hoping for some guidance before I tackle this in the coming weeks.
Sponsored