First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Ford pokes around here. This is my 3rd Ford in 14 months. Sync/CarPlay needs work. I decided to drive my daughters car. VW Jetta sport. 1st car basically entry model. Wow what a difference in connectivity. Connects and plays seamlessly. In seconds. No lock up. No waiting around wondering what the radio is going to do.
Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree. My younger sister just bought a 2023 Kia Seltos. The infotainment in it is designed beautifully and is stupid fast. Definitely not a fan of Sync.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Kia and VW must be amazing. I came from a 2018 Lexus and Sync/CarPlay seem like some advanced futuristic AI system compared to the Lexus Enform system.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my first experience with wireless carplay. Not major issues, but definitely a bit slower than wired carplay.

I wonder if there is any way to use it as wired?

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my first experience with wireless carplay. Not major issues, but definitely a bit slower than wired carplay.

I wonder if there is any way to use it as wired?
I use wired all the time, never use bt because of speed. Is the bigger screen bt only? Or is year a factor mines a 21 mid package.

Sponsored

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
CarPlay has been horrible for me. Wired, it would lock up all the time rendering everything useless until I restarted the Bronco. Super fun on a 2hr+ drive. Wireless only works slightly better, but Pandora and Spotify freeze up all the time or crash completely. Most of the time they play for a minute or two and then the apps crash for some reason. Only happens using CarPlay.

The only reason I still use it is to get Waze on the screen. If I could find a decent phone mount that didn't cost $100+ I'd quit using CarPlay all together.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know Ford pokes around here. This is my 3rd Ford in 14 months. Sync/CarPlay needs work. I decided to drive my daughters car. VW Jetta sport. 1st car basically entry model. Wow what a difference in connectivity. Connects and plays seamlessly. In seconds. No lock up. No waiting around wondering what the radio is going to do.
My wife’s 2019 VW Sportwagen disconnects if the cord is slightly moved, which happens often while driving.
Our 2020 Elantra has the best connectivity.
Jason

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s 2019 VW Sportwagen disconnects if the cord is slightly moved, which happens often while driving.
Our 2020 Elantra has the best connectivity.
Jason
That sounds like a cable or usb jack issue.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This has to be a wireless connection issue... the wired stuff works perfectly. I've use both android and apple and with the Bronco I feel android has the upper hand. However the carlinkit box emulates over carplayand it works Perfectly...so maybe it's an apple issue after all???

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has to be a wireless connection issue... the wired stuff works perfectly. I've use both android and apple and with the Bronco I feel android has the upper hand. However the carlinkit box emulates over carplayand it works Perfectly...so maybe it's an apple issue after all???
I had 3 Fords as I mentioned. Wired is the biggest issue. New cables, different phones. And they know it. I was part of early Maverick ownership live zoom Q@A. Was contacted later about the radio connectivity issues. Wireless is slow but better. Sync takes so long to just recognize you plugged in a device. The VW, instant. Could be an Apple and Ford compatibility issue.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove our Bronco yesterday for the first time in a week.

I’ve been using wireless CarPlay flawlessly in it for over a year. But yesterday it would not connect at all, wirelessly or with a cable. Never had that issue before. Even un-paired and re-paired my phone without any luck.

Looked at the FordPass App and saw the software has been updated about 4 times recently. So I’m thinking the issue might be with the software now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only issue I have with Android auto is it insists on turning on my Bluetooth and coming up by default. Also insists on putting up navigation by default. I know where I'm going, but the audio display back up!

Finally turned it off and simply stream directly using bluetooth. Only turn it on in the very rare case I want a map on my screen.

Never owned an Apple product, and God willing, never will.

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only issue I have with Android auto is it insists on turning on my Bluetooth and coming up by default. Also insists on putting up navigation by default. I know where I'm going, but the audio display back up!

Finally turned it off and simply stream directly using bluetooth. Only turn it on in the very rare case I want a map on my screen.

Never owned an Apple product, and God willing, never will.
God created apples, not androids... Just sayin’
Sponsored